Provides administrative support to an organization unit requiring broad experience, skills and knowledge of organization policies and practices. Responsible for advanced secretarial and administrative support for senior management and executives while under general supervision. Requires continuous use of technical and business vocabulary and a detailed knowledge of company operations, organizational procedures, and personnel. Relieves supervisor(s) of some administrative detail. Makes decisions regarding planning, organizing, and scheduling work within established guidelines.
Provides a wide variety of administrative and staff support services to an organizational unit. May assist in budget preparation and control activities. May assist in the preparation and control of records, statistics, and reports regarding operations, personnel changes, etc. Administers programs, projects, and/or processes specific to the operating unit served. May serve as administrative liaison with others within and outside the company regarding administrative issues related to purchasing, personnel, facilities and operations. May screen and interview job applicants and orient new employees. Applies advanced skills appropriate for the position within assigned functional area to meet the more complex requirements of the position. Duties and tasks are varied and may be somewhat complex. Resolves most questions and problems and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels. Works under minimal supervision. May assist in training, assigning and checking the work of lower level employees.
1. Represents management, resolves issues on the executive's behalf, and screens calls and visitors.
2. Interacts with customers and associates in person, by phone and by e-mail efficiently, promptly and accurately. Provides regular updates to executive, customers and office staff as required.
3. Composes routine correspondence, memos and reports. Prepares and distributes minutes of meetings.
4. Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings, and travel.
5. Maintains current, accurate and easily accessible files and department data.
6. Prepares presentation materials and assists executive with presentation arrangements.
7. Develops worksheets, prepares correspondence and develops presentations using computer technology.
8. Administers programs, projects and/or processes specific to the operating unit served.
9. Handles logistics for workshops.
10. Handles highly confidential matters.
11. Works across borders and time zones.
High School Diploma Or Equivalent
4 Or More Years Of Related Experience
1. Knowledge of technical and business vocabulary.
2. Detailed knowledge of company operations, organizational procedures, and personnel.
3. Ability to employ basic reasoning skills.
4. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
5. High school graduate with professional administrative experience in a multi-tasked, high-paced, confidential environment.
6. AA degree and/or Certified Professional Secretary designation preferred.
Zurich North America - 4 years ago
Zurich Insurance Group (Zurich) is a leading multi-line insurance provider with a global network of subsidiaries and offices in Europe,...