UTC Climate, Controls & Security is the leading provider of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security solutions. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX), a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
AREA OF EXPERTISE:
Analysis and support of pricing / marketing programs; financial analysis and reporting. Complex external customer support in a 2-step distribution environment. Innovative skillset in creating, developing, and deploying data analytics tools across a broad internal customer base.
Dual focus between account management for 2-step distribution, including fielding all customer inquiries (e.g. price negotiations, cost-benefit analysis, financial impact analysis, competitive analysis of price structures) and data analytics, focused on maintenance of the SAP pricing database system (e.g. implementation of price changes and product launches). This role will also be responsible for creating, developing, and maintaining complex reporting tools
- Responsible for management and creation of reporting tools to support residential pricing department and external reporting requirements
- Champion pricing portion of product launch process for all new residential products
- Champion all mass pricing initiatives (e.g. price increases)
- Responsible for other ad-hoc requests (e.g. pricing trends)
- Provide comprehensive customer support and regional account management for assigned distributors
- Conduct financial analysis to review sales performance for key accounts
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Responsible for several components of a project or a complex component of a larger project
- Contributes to their team or department by applying their knowledge of one of more functional areas
- Fully developed professional able to work without direct guidance or direction from others
- Has in depth knowledge of the discipline and role
BA/BS degree in Business Administration or Economics preferred.
Typical Educational Requirements:
- BA/BS degree w/4-7+ years experience
- MA/MS/MBA degree w/2-5+ years experience
- 2-5 years in pricing or financial analysis role.
- 1-2 years experience with complex customer service, price negotiations and/or sales.
- 2+ years experience with monthly reporting metrics, data analysis and data manipulation.
- Ability to work with, consolidate and present large amounts of data.
- Data mining, scrubbing, and synthesis to create executive facing dashboard reports.
- Advanced level skills with Microsoft Office especially Excel and Access.
- Advanced level skills with SAP and Business Objects. Data Warehouse knowledge preferred.
- Proven capability to communicate professionally in written and verbal format.
- Proven capability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with customers (internal and external) required.
- Pricing / sales experience a plus.
- HVAC industry knowledge a plus.
The incumbent is this role will be responsible for complying with UTC's Code of Ethics, Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) policy and applicable regulatory and Company rules and requirements.
Carrier shouldered the load of keeping things hot and cold. The company was the world's largest maker of heating,...