The Lead Marketplace Assister p lans, manages and coordinates Marketplace Assister activities to ensure project goals are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all assigned projects, contract processes, and regulatory issues.
- Meets all contract deliverable deadlines, both internal and external.
- Develops and keeps current database of contacts.
- Coordinates meetings of all types, internal and external, and participates on committees as assigned.
- Conducts presentations as assigned.
- Interacts with customers on-site and by phone, explaining Marketplace initiatives, providing Marketplace Assister (MPA)/outreach training, and identifying issues that should be referred for resolution.
- Disseminates officially-sanctioned MPA materials
- Works with the MPA team to plan and develop strategies to meet contract objectives.
- Monitors and documents progress of MPAs.
- Follows DF and contract specific procedures and policies in conducting activities.
- Attends community meetings/conferences as assigned.
- Identifies opportunities to improve processes and procedures.
- Within contract constraints and guidelines, have some ability to interpret guidelines and choose from alternative courses of action.
- Contributes to a positive, respectful work environment.
Supervises staff and/or contractors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training staff/contractors; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining contractors; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving and Critical Thinking - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Communication - Communicates effectively with people at all levels in the organization.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Leadership - Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Interpret Regulations/Guidelines – demonstrated ability to interpret, apply and enforce regulations or guidelines.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Demonstrated English language skills.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Demonstrated ability to accept differences and treat all people with dignity and respect.
Other Skills and Abilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of spreadsheet, presentation, word processing software. Familiarity with Access and Project management software a plus.
Education and/or Experience
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Must demonstrate the ability to work with an interdisciplinary team and all levels of health care, human service, community, and small business professionals. Ability to prepare and effectively communicate information through presentations.
- Ability to transport a six foot folding table.
High school diploma, GED or honorable discharge from US Armed Forces.
Minimum two years demonstrated successful ability to conduct outreach, execute field responsibilities, community organizing, or outside sales experience within a defined territory. One year experience in training or teaching of adults or support of adult training is preferred. Preference given to service-disabled veterans and veterans. Preference given to Delaware residents or individuals with successful Delaware outreach experience.
Quality Health Strategies - 19 months ago