The Store Manager is a role model for superior customer service and responsible for creating a customer-focused culture in store. The focus for this role is leadership of the store team, operations management, and role modeling positive customer-centric behavior.
The Store Manager understands and utilizes the proven Office Depot sales principles and ensures associates engage with every customer and provide an exceptional in-store experience. This individual must create a rewarding work environment through regularly mentoring, coaching and directing associates and the management team.
Additionally, the Store Manager oversees and is accountable for overall store operations, and achieving goals. This individual must strive to maximize store sales and profitability through human resource management and effective merchandise, inventory, operating cost, shrink and expense control.
The Store Manager must understand marketplace needs, and constantly adapt tactics, technologies and solutions from inside and outside the organization to drive store sales.
High School diploma or equivalent education plus a minimum of five (5) years experience
Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:
- High school diploma or GED; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in Business, Marketing, Retail Management preferred
- Minimum 5 years store management experience, including at least 2 years as a Store Manager, preferably in a mid-size to large retail sales and service-oriented environment.
- Must possess the ability to use computers and technology for information, and to access information necessary to complete the job. Must possess ability to process information/merchandise through POS register system.
- Previous knowledge of workplace safety regulations and office products, technology and services, or other retail products is preferred.
- Must possess outstanding communication, leadership and interpersonal skills,which are necessary to establish a selling relationship with customers, and model skills for direct reports.
- Must be able to effectively lead, coach and manage others in a professional environment.
- Must be able to plan, prioritize and implement detailed instructions in a timely and efficient manner, working independently, as well as with others.
- Must possess sound judgment and people management abilities.
- Must be adaptable to a changing environment and able to consistently achieve goals despite stress.
Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, veteran’s status, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Office Depot - 23 months ago
Office Depot, Inc. is a global supplier of office products and services. The Company is organized into three business segments: North...