Description: We are seeking a dedicated, passionate team member with strong individual design and problem solving skills for immediate opportunities as an intern architect. This office works on many project types including healthcare, senior living and multi-family housing.
- Prepare program and schematic proposal, project layouts and develop design in 2D and 3D using AutoCAD for client review/approval.
- Perform design computations, specifications, compiles data, and elementary architectural assignments.
- Assist with preparation of construction drawings and construction detailing for contractors.
- Review building codes to assure that design complies with the minimum legal standards.
- Assist in the constructions administration reviewing shop drawings and creating a master log of the project submittals.
- Prepare finish material sample boards, physical models and graphic presentations for client approval.
- Recent grad or 3 – 5 years’ experience
- MArch or BArch is required
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, 3D and Adobe Programs.
- LEED accreditation is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
If you would like to join a dynamic, energized, innovative and collaborative environment, where your ideas will be heard and your skills challenged, send your cover letter, resume and salary history as one file ( Adobe PDF preferred but Word is acceptable) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “SFO – Intern Architect” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Perkins Eastman DC (PEDC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the Federal E-Verify program. EOE/M/F/D/V
The American Institute of Architects
- 2 years ago - save job