Toyota Motor Engineering and Manufacturing North America, Inc. (TEMA)
TOYOTA TECHNICAL CENTER (TTC)
Powertrain Control Engineer
position is in the
Powertrain Control (PTC)
located at our
Ann Arbor, MI
Toyota is about opportunity, built around you, where the cornerstones are innovation and continuous improvement.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Research and develop advanced control design techniques for automotive powertrain applications
- Research and develop plant modeling methods for powertrain
- Support control and plant modeling research collaborations with universities
- Apply control theory to design integrated automotive control: MIL, SIL, HIL, engine test-bench, vehicle
- Document and report results
- Capture innovative work in invention disclosures
- Present and attend related professional conferences
- Publish in professional journals
- MS in electrical/mechanical engineering or equivalent with emphasis on control systems
- 0 - 2 years experience with automotive control systems
- 0 - 2 years experience in plant modeling
- Experience with Matlab / Simulink
- Excellent communication: written, oral, visual
- Ability to travel to Japan: One week per year
- Ability to conduct project meetings with Japan: weekly
Why work for Toyota?
Some of Toyota's outstanding benefits:
- Join a team working to lead the future of mobility by enriching the lives around the world with the safest and most responsible ways of moving people
- Learning is a continuous, company-wide process with exciting opportunities for your career growth and development
Become part of a company committed to maintaining a work culture where differences are respected, where fresh ideas and creativity are nurtured and where opportunity is critical for success
- We're committed to our team members. If you're highly motivated, creative and enjoy working with a cross functional team to influence the research and development of our products, then TTC may be right for you
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive health care plans
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Vehicle Purchase and Lease Programs
- Flexible work schedules
- Relocation for qualified moves
- Employee recognition and Company/Team events
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development programs
- Retirement Plans: 401(k), pension, post-retirement medical options
- Lifestyle (varies by location): On-site credit unions, fitness facilities
Toyota Technical Center (TTC) is a division of Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing, North America Inc., established in 1977. TTC's Michigan R&D facilities are located in Ann Arbor, Saline, Plymouth and Livonia. In addition, TTC has testing facilities in Torrance and Gardena, California and a 10-mile oval test track in Wittmann, Arizona.
TTC is engaged in engineering design, prototype building, vehicle evaluation and engineering, materials engineering, powertrain tuning and design, safety/crashworthiness, regulatory affairs and advanced research. TTC has development responsibility for vehicles such as the Avalon, Camry, RAV4 EV, Sienna, Tacoma, Tundra and Venza.
Toyota is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a diverse and inclusive workplace.
US-MI-Detroit/Ann Arbor-Ann Arbor
TTC - Toyota Technical Center
Toyota - 18 months ago
Toyota Motor Corporation (Toyota) primarily conducts business in the automotive industry. Toyota also conducts business in the finance and...