UBS Global Asset Management is looking for an individual to join its Business Unit Control group supporting the Alternative and Quantitative (hedge fund) business. This role is an entry into UBS and the asset management industry with short term expectations around learning revenue reporting, expense tracking, IT expense tracking and reporting, coordinating the "soft dollar" program and building industry knowledge. There is potential for advancement and increased responsibilities or cross function mobility anticipated in 18-24 months.
The Business Control group is comprised of 6 individuals located in Chicago and London reporting into the Head of Business Controlling for Global Asset Management. Within this framework, we are the primary resource for internal analysis and reporting, forecasting and measurement of future business expectations, and maintaining control over data within our global asset reporting and profitability applications.
Responsibilities:Responsibilities will include the following:
- Weekly and monthly revenue reporting for the multi-manager business
- Quarterly business reporting for market data spending
- Monthly broker statement/commission review
- "Soft dollar" tracking, invoicing and reporting
- Quarterly capped fee analysis
- Financial support for IT including quarterly forecasts
- Monthly time entry analysis for IT and quarterly analysis for the Logistics function
- Maintenance of control documentation in accordance with SOX and supporting evidential matter
- Support for the annual audit process
- Ad hoc projects as assigned Requirements • College Degree in Business, accounting preferred.
- 2+ years of accounting/finance experience.
- Works well within a team environment.
- Access database creation and maintenance experience.
- Proficient in Excel with the ability to utilize pivot tables, V-look-up function, macros, etc.
- Proactive, highly motivated, dedicated, energetic, and flexible personality.
- Public accounting or asset management industry experience preferred. Our Offering UBS can offer you an environment geared towards performance, attractive career opportunities, and an open corporate culture that values and rewards the contribution of every individual. Take the next step We can offer you an exciting, fast-paced working environment, a culture of mutual respect and teamwork and the opportunity to play a vital role in our growth. If you are attracted to joining an organization where every individual's contribution counts and where your talent will impact on our future, please apply for this position. It starts with you. Disclaimer / Policy Statements UBS is an equal opportunity employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
UBS - 3 years ago
We draw on our 150-year heritage to serve private, institutional and corporate clients worldwide, as well as retail clients in Switzerland....