The DAS Field Engineer III is responsible for network element deployment during the telecom implementation (TI) phase of a project. Typically, duties entail network element integration and troubleshooting but the Field Engineer III will also be expected to perform technical site surveys, hardware delivery, installation, commissioning and integration of the product when necessary. The Field Engineer III will ensure that all work is completed to the satisfaction of the customer in accordance with defined specifications and technical standards and those requirements for health, safety, and quality are maintained at the highest levels throughout the implementation cycle.
- Hardware Installation - Install equipment in accordance with the prevailing Share of Responsibility, specifications and quality requirements and document progress in the applicable Site Folder
- Hardware Commissioning - Commission (test) hardware in accordance with the prevailing contractual Share of Responsibility, specifications, and quality requirements and document progress in the applicable Site Folder.
- Quality - As the last Mycom representative on-site, the Field Engineer III is responsible, in total, for the quality of the site. This includes the inspection of all work performed by the Field Engineers as well as the work performed by the installation and commissioning team, and the correction of any resulting defects. The Field Engineer III will perform the final quality audit, record the results in the Site Folder, and forward a copy of the quality audit to the Field Manager.
- Fault and Discrepancy Reporting - responsible for managing the contents of an assigned commissioning kit and for the issuance of Fault and/or Discrepancy reports to document kit churn.
- Support - In addition to the implementation tasks noted previously, the Field Engineer III will troubleshoot complex problems, provide technical support to team members, and train others as necessary.
- Documentation - log all installation, test, and inspection results to the appropriate section of the Site Folder and apprise management of implementation milestone attainment.
- Technical Site Survey (TSS) - As required, the Field Engineer III will perform a TSS in advance of beginning installation activities to ensure site readiness and the unencumbered performance of installation and commissioning activities. Once readiness is confirmed, the Field Engineer will complete and forward a copy of the TSS Report (TSSR) to Nokia and coordinate delivery of the hardware to site
- Network Element Integration - Perform all on-air testing tasks associated with the network element to confirm proper configuration and operation prior to being placed in-service.
Knowledge and Skill
- Four or more years of experience in wireless communications systems with one - two years of that time being spent in performing network element integration
- Bachelor’s degree (EE or BSCS) from a four year college or related industry experience.
Ability to know the basic architecture of GSM.
Must be expert on the basic BTS installation, commissioning and integration of BTS cell site regardless of equipment vendor. Examples of such are Nokia, Ericson, Lucent, Nortel etc.
Develop leadership skills as part of the continuous improvement in order to gain the necessary knowledge and skills in the future to train and transfer knowledge to lesser experienced Engineers.
Must know the Basic RF and Grounding Safety Standard Installation.
Develop necessary knowledge and use of Microsoft suite programs (Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, Access)
Good communication skills (interpersonal, oral and written)
Good English speaking and writing skills.
Current NSN LTE experience
MyCom North America - 19 months ago