ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – AA/EOE/M/F/D/V
Designs, develops, implements, enhances and supports IT applications that align with corporate business objectives and IT standards. Manages several components of a project or a complex component of a project serving as its technical lead.
• Analyzes business needs/requirements and designs a technical solution. Interfaces with users to troubleshoot user issues and resolve application issues
• Assists project managers with thoughtful time and cost estimates and risk analysis and identification. Develops business justifications and cost benefit analysis for IT spend
• Reviews and implements enterprise standards and corporate policy
• Provides technical guidance to 3rd Party Vendor in technical and operational planning
• Manages/coordinates technical projects to ensure they meet customer requirements in a timely manner
• Researches Information System initiatives as they are identified in order to keep current on state-of-the-art tools
• Documents application specifications, system design or process flow using Visio to illustrate how the environment(s) are configured.
• Produces required documents for change management.
• Identifies and implements opportunities for improved system utilization through capacity planning initiatives
• Collaborates with the application development on unit test and integration test of the applications. Work closely with other IT teams on issues/tasks related to the corporate applications
• Guides ongoing efforts for system management, monitoring, and planning across enterprise. Serves as point of escalation and review for issues or concerns identified
• Identifies implementation-specific methods, controls and quality assurance criteria that must compliant with PCI/SOX Policies
• ServiceMaster Commitment
• Customer Orientation/Positive Impact
• Results Orientation/Sense of Urgency
• Change Mastery
• Relationship Building/Sensitivity
• Problem Solving and Decision Making
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and 7 –10 years data processing expereince including creating and manipulating stored procedures, and implementing, supporting and engineering MS SQL databases, DB2 or Oracle, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of replication technologies and server migration strategies
• Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to conduct research into IT issues and products as required
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
• Ability to perform mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating business cases
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
• Exceptional customer service orientation
• Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.