HR Green, Inc. (HR Green) is a professional services firm providing workable and sustainable solutions in the Transportation, Water, Energy, Governmental Services and Senior Living markets. With 100+ years of history and a strong focus on future growth, HR Green is looking for exceptional individuals ready to begin the next stage of their professional journey. We are currently seeking a Construction Intern to assist our Construction group in Yorkville, IL .
The Intern is responsible for completing assigned tasks under the direct supervision of the Team Leader, Project Manager or Project Engineers. This Intern is expected to apply the concepts learned through required education, and common sense to solve specific engineering related tasks as assigned. Seeks guidance from more senior engineering staff and applies acquired knowledge to related assignments.
Will be responsible for, but not limited to:
· Designs portions of a project using relevant office software, modeling and CADD technology.
· Completes calculations using engineering formulas and skills and/or utilizes computers in order to solve problems.
· Prepares specification materials through the use of research and manufacturing catalogs to specify materials, installation, inspection and payment of items specific to a project.
· Works with CADD Technicians in order to complete design details and plan sets.
· Performs research and writes objective summary reports which are used in the completion of project work or inspection.
· Assists in the preparation of engineering and construction cost estimates.
· Completes field observation, inspection and data collection duties as directed by senior engineering staff.
· Communicates with client staff and internal design team as directed by senior engineering staff.
The Intern must be attending an accredited two-year, four-year or graduate engineering university. May possess zero to three years of relevant engineering experience. Must have basic knowledge of office software (Word, Excel, etc.) and be capable of working with CADD software and other engineering automation tools as required.
HR Green, Inc. - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard