The Dow Chemical Company in
Plaquemine, La is looking for highly motivated, self-directed, experienced
persons to fill Marine Operator positions
. The Marine Operator is responsible for
scheduling 3rd party logistic providers and managing dock control room
activities to ensure that all vessel transfers take place as scheduled without
a safety, environmental, or quality incident. The Marine Operator is
responsible for managing the outside operator, vessel Tankerman, ship crew and
plant field personnel to safely and efficiently transfer cargoes in an
environmentally sound manner. The Marine Operator performs several roles
including; safe work permit issuer; first line troubleshooting/maintenance,
Immediate Response Leader; and On-shift Activity Scheduler.
Dow, we are harnessing the power of science and technology to improve the lives
of people around the world. We are accomplishing this by empowering our people
and contributions, we offer a total rewards package which is considered top
- the Human Element - to lead change. To recognize their outstanding efforts
tier in our industry.
Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance and
shares company, business or functional success
Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it
On-going learning opportunities in a rewarding work environment
Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities
for personal and professional growth
The chance to work on global teams with colleagues around the world and in
High school diploma/ GED
chemical process controls or marine operations experience required.
- 1 year of chemical processes,
- Must have previous experience using computer and be comfortable learning new
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, and
internal clients both in written and verbal formats
- Must be able to work in an empowered team environment
- Must have good communication skills and be comfortable communicating to
A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the
- Must be able to follow all Dow safety policies and procedures
- Must be willing to work outdoors in various types of weather conditions.
ability to work legally in the United States on a permanent basis (U.S.
citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, or Qualifying Asylee/Refugee).
The Dow Chemical Company
- 2 years ago - save job
Dow combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving...