This position reports directly to the City Manager.
Examples of Duties:
- Performs, plans, monitors, and manages the operations of the Human Resources Department;
- Serves as a key member of the City's Management Negotiation Team and administers all personnel provisions of bargaining unit contracts;
- Develops and implements organizational short and long range HR/LR plans, policies and objectives, including diversity, benefits, wages, safety, and employee development;
- Analyzes situations that may increase the City's risk to legal liabilities and proposes actions or programs to minimize potential liabilities;
- Prepares a variety of recommendations and reports for the City Manager's Office and Department Directors as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Relations, Human Resources Administration; or a related field; Master's degree preferred.
- Six or more years' progressive professional human resources management and labor relations experience in a union setting, including at least six years' experience at the managerial level in a public or private sector environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; and/or any combination of training and experience which provides the essential knowledge and skills.
Acceptable Training and Experience:
This position has been approved by the City Manager's Office for a simultaneous search. City employees who wish to apply should submit their cover letter and resumes to the Human Resources Department by Wednesday, May 15, 2013. EOE/AA.