Senior Financial Analyst – USA TODAY Sports Media Group, McLean, VA
USA TODAY Sports Media Group is seeking a driven Senior Financial Analyst to work in the Finance department of a growing and dynamic digital business. The Senior Financial Analyst will assist in the financial management of revenue and expenses for select businesses and departments within the Sports Media Group. He/She will be involved with budgeting, forecasting, month end financial close, and management reporting and analysis. In addition, the Senior Financial Analyst will work with other senior members on the team preparing ad hoc analyses for the Sports Media Group Executive Team.
• Execute the month end financial close for Sports Media Group departments and businesses. This includes creating journal entries, updating financial models, analyzing and communicating budget variances, and management reporting
• Collaborate with expense departments to set budgets, track expenses, and approve invoices
• Assist in the development of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts
• Identify, analyze, and communicate the risks and opportunities impacting the business
• Complete ad hoc analyses as required, including digital product P&Ls, ROI analysis on capital projects, etc.
• Previous budgeting and financial analysis experience
• Bachelors degree in finance or accounting; CPA and/or MBA preferred
• Strong Excel skills (formulas, pivot tables, etc). Prior experience with Lawson Financials and Microsoft BPC preferred
• Strong communication skills with the aptitude to communicate effectively on both individual and group settings regardless of audience. Ability to interact with all levels of personnel and management
• Candidate must be and organized and detail oriented. Driven to deliver timely and accurate work product as well as demonstrate good follow through
• Proven organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
Gannett satisfies news junkies with a stash of daily US papers. The company is the top newspaper publisher in the US with about 80 daily...