The position is in our new Knoxville TN Assembly facility. 1st shift & 2nd shift available.
The Material Handler position is responsible for loading and unloading trucks; warehousing product and materials and supplying production lines with requested product and/or components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Inspect forklift daily at the start of shift insuring all safety features are operational
- Complete checklist documenting inspection
- Safe operation of forklift, moving materials throughout the facility. Assure all materials shipped and warehoused are handled in a manner that prevents damage
- Load and unload trucks; warehouse products and materials
- Use an RF scanner for receipts, issues to lines, returns and bar code locations
- Verify all counts, quantities and descriptions of products and materials received, shipped or warehoused.
- Service production lines, delivering product and/or components as requested
- Timely and accurate completion of paperwork associated with the movement of product and materials
- Responsible for the general cleanliness of the warehouse and the loading docks
- Perform regular inventory and cycle counts
- Safely change forklift propane tanks and/or batteries as needed
- Assist other departments as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assigned overtime is mandatory
Rock Tenn Company - 13 months ago