TME Capital Capacity Manager
Job Description: Coordinates purchasing activities with manufacturing and engineering departments to acquire materials, components and equipment in a cost effective and timely manner. Supports commodity deliverables to assure cost, quality, availability and time to market objectives are met. Monitors the cost, schedule and scope of assigned suppliers to assure best quality at best value. May recommend cost saving proposals including make-versus-buy analysis, value engineering, design for cost initiatives, alternative sourcing and vendor evaluation criteria. Responsibilities may also include contract negotiation and maintenance, setting supplier expectations and tracking performance. At higher levels may require domestic or global expertise of assigned commodities.
Specific Duties: In this position, you will be owning the equipment purchase life cycle including Forecast, Order, Delivery, Receipt, Payment (FODRP) management to ensure successful startup and maintenance of Intel's Virtual Factory. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Providing accurate equipment forecasts and Purchase Orders to suppliers
- Understanding and managing equipment dock dates on orders
- Managing supplier's response to Intel's forecast and critical deliveries
- Escalating equipment capacity issues for resolution with suppliers and sites
- Holding suppliers accountable for on-time tender or delivery of equipment and supporting items
- Resolving supplier payment issues
- Maintaining SAP* procurement system with accurate data (pricing, lead-time, and/or and others)
- Managing equipment allocations, reuse conversion kit orders and tool swaps across the virtual factory
- Tracking and reporting performance to established metrics and driving continuous improvement.
- Negotiating tool pull-ins on critical orders
- Acting as key supplier interface for factory Site Capacity Program Managers on capacity management issues.
- Ensuring supplier management methodologies are followed and managed within control
- Interfacing with various levels of TME's and/or TMG's and supplier's organization
***You Must Possess the Permanent, Unrestricted Right to Work in the USA Without Requiring Sponsorship***
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience would be obtained through a combination of your Masters degree school work/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experience.
- Must be graduating with an MBA or Masters in Supply Chain Management, or related field
For a Masters degree candidate, an undergraduate in Supply Chain Management, Business or Industrial Engineering:
-1-5 years experience in supply chain management specifically procurement, supplier sourcing or management, logistics and distribution, material and/or materials management
-experience in engineering or manufacturing environment working with supplier technical personnel
-experience in SAP* enterprise system
Feb 15, 2013
Mar 2, 2013
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to final test and optimization, and lastly packaging. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing group are part of a worldwide network of manufacturing and assembly/test facilities.
The scope of TME engagement follows the equipment life cycle. First engagement begins 3-4 generations upstream to ensure a healthy ecosystem and provide investment and collaboration support to component research activities. Our level of engagement increases through pathfinding, development, and HVM ramp phases. After successful process transfer from TD to manufacturing, TME provides sustaining support for upgrades, spares, service, technical training and end-of-life management.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel’s discretion. Intel invites people of all ages currently enrolled in an academic institution (or graduated within the last 18 months) to apply.
Intel - 17 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...