Develop new products focused on Automotive adhesives and applications. Provide technical support to production plants and customers.
• Responsible for managing assigned projects (from Idea stage to Commercial Release)
• Independently develop new products according to customer specifications.
• Follow Design of Experiments techniques and create Design-FEMA in projects.
• Define new product QA requirements to ensure product quality and performance.
• Responsible for transferring new products/technologies to Process Engineering & Operations groups.
• Design and execute extensive test plans to gain design approvals from customers.
• Provide technical support to manufacturing plant to assure product quality.
• Operate as an effective team member with peers from R&D as well as other departments.
• Keep accurate records and maintain good laboratory notebook practices.
• Publish project reports & other documents as per Sika’s Product Creation Process (PCP).
• Visit customer sites and provide technical presentations & solutions to customers.
• Initiate and attend technical presentation from raw material suppliers
• Maintain a safe, tidy and harassment free work environment.
• Provide training to new employees, technicians or Junior Chemists.
• Participate in 3-year or long-term product/technology planning
• Maintain assigned lab equipment in good operating condition. Support relevant capital expenditure projects.
• Support ISO9000, TS16949 and other company initiatives.
Sika Group - 22 months ago