We seek an experienced AIX administrator to help install, configure, and support our internal development, quality assurance, and test systems.
As the primary facilitator in the AIX arena, you'll be a knowledge expert for our large system scalability testing, work with cutting-edge hardware like POWER7 servers, and develop creative solutions with our current systems administration team to meet development and testing needs in many different flavors of UNIX and Linux systems (HP-UX, Solaris, RedHat, Ubuntu, CentOS and SUSE, to name a few), as well as some OpenVMS and Windows.
We are heavy users of virtualization on AIX (as well as HP-UX, VMWare and Solaris) so we value experience with LPARs and VIO. On any given day, you might explore new versions of operating systems, provisioning systems, and HA packages; create utility and automation scripts; create/maintain/support Epic's internal and internet-facing systems - or all of the above, with the end goal of improving the performance and stability of Epic's internal server environments.
As part of a relatively small team, you'll have the opportunity to evaluate technology and influence changes in Epic's internal infrastructure.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or several years relevant work experience
- A history of academic and professional success
- Expertise in AIX administration (versions 6.1 and 7.1), performance tuning, and virtualization required; DBA experience is a plus
- Relocation to the Madison, WI area is required and covered
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship
Epic Careers - 2 years ago