Manage the plant food safety,HACCP system, and plant audit processes; interface and support all plant teams including Quality, Engineering, Manufacturing, Maintenance, and Warehouse teams to implement process changes and improvements where required. Evaluate production processes using statistical techniques; specify inspection methods, testing mechanisms and equipment; analyze production and service limitations and standards. Oversee the establishment and adherence to timelines, resources, design specifications, regulations and compliance by performing the following duties personally or through the management of others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Perform other duties as assigned
- Support activities of the Engineering and Maintenance departments for all activities related to new installations and/or overhaul of current equipment, to ensure compliance with Food Safety Prerequisite Programs, Good Manufacturing Practices, Sanitary Design, and Regulatory Standards.
- Responsible for maintaining, and facilitating the on-going Audit and Corrective and Preventive Action Plans to address all Plant Food Safety needs for the factory.
- Responsible for scheduling and conducting internal plant audits and coordinating the activities of the internal audit team.
- Responsible for preparation and coordination for all Third Party and Regulatory Audits, to include being the company representative, hosting all auditors during audits.
- Responsible to work with all departments of the factory to review current Food Safety practices and implement improvements of these current practices to continue to elevate Quality and Food Safety.
- Responsible for working with manufacturing departments to help optimize quality performance in processing and packaging/filling areas to eliminate quality losses and increases in productivity. Optimize process systems to maximize through put, yield, and product recoveries with quality results.
- Analyze production limitations and standards and work toward process improvements and enhanced inspection methodologies.
- Manage the plant FS22000 food safety systems to ensure adherence to product specifications, GMP’s, SOP’s, HACCP requirements. Assure accuracy of records and documentation.
- Analyze and evaluate various production and operation indicators in order to develop improvement plans. Analyze work processes, process mapping, reviews of work flow, and determine how the work should be arranged to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of the organization while minimizing expenses.
- Integrate Corporate Quality directives, Regulatory Compliance (PMO, FDA, NOP), and Best Practices from within the Danone Group into the Food Safety and Quality systems.
- Ensure company internal and external food safety/security guidelines to exceed quality/food standards.
- Use statistical tools such as sampling tables and control charts to evaluate process capability.
- Initiate and execute projects and studies of environmental factors affecting quality and production systems and assist in establishing environmental standards as required.
- Responsible for overseeing activities in support of the Londonderry Plant to include: development of staff education of quality standards, FS22000 Programs, HACCP Plan, and regulatory compliance for all products and processes.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including weekends or late shifts for audit requirements, and during engineering installation periods.
Oversee the efficient implementation of quality standards, programs and processes to improve operational efficiencies and reduce/eliminate production waste and spoilage.
Support environmental programs established within the organization to include recycling of all office wastes in accordance with program guidelines, initiate power conservation techniques by turning off lights and computers when not in use.
Proactively look for ways to reduce negative impacts on the environment.
Proactively work in a safe manner in the context of performing the functions of your position.
Oversee the implementation and adherence to Company safety practices and programs and hold staff accountable for leading safety in the workplace.
Ability to positively influence others to complete company objectives without direct hierarchy.
- BS Degree in Engineering or Food Safety related science required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Quality leadership position with the Food Industry (Dairy or Pharmaceutical will be a plus).
- Ability to work with clients, vendors, and other team members at all levels.
- Knowledgeable of GMP’s, HACCP, FDA, OSHA, PMO, and NOP requirements
- Ability to be proactive, prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to manage cross functionally through all Stonyfield business units.
- Knowledge of Quality Engineering principles and tools to effectively participate as a contributing member on the manufacturing team.
- Excellent communication skills to be able to effectively communicate orally, educate through presentation, and fluently utilize a variety of mediums to communicate through the written word.
- Must be professional and able to take direction and give direction effectively.
- Computer proficiency: Excel, Word, and knowledge of various engineering tools and statistical software. SAP knowledge preferred
Ability to operate in a team environment.
Ability to adapt in a changing work environment
10 Burton Drive
Londonderry, NH 03053
Job Code: QAE
Email HR_Resumes@Stonyfield.com , reference Plant Quality Systems Engineer
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Stonyfield is an equal opportunity employer