PURPOSE OF JOB
** Sunnyvale Ca, or Chicago Il Location.**
The Solution Design Manager for Web/Internet will drive new solution based revenue streams in the Web/Internet market segment. This person will lead the development of vertical specific go-to-market strategies that maximize revenue opportunities. He/she will be focused on becoming the reference person in his/her Region for new and existing L&C capabilities and solutions, specifically platforms and applications. This role jointly owns a Solutions revenue target with the Regional Sales Organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership in executing strategies and defining solutions that drive success in the Web/Internet market segment with a focus on expanding L&C’s Platform and Suite of Applications.
- Establish the Regional Sales center of excellence for the Web/Internet space to drive the business change from content centric to solution selling. This includes serving as the primary technical solutions design resource for the Web/Internet segment.
- Gather in-depth customer and market requirements from the Mobile Web/Internet segment and work with the product teams to design a portfolio of scalable market solutions including solutions roadmap development, pricing strategies and value proposition development. Based on this solutions portfolio, this role is also responsible to reflect these market solutions against market requirements to ensure continuous alignment as market needs evolve.
- Work with regional Customer Marketing, Sales and LBO teams to establish commercially viable, solution offerings for specific web verticals with the clear goal to transform opportunities in closed deals.
- When needed, bring in solution selling expertise and effectively collaborate with regional sales teams to drive revenue from key strategic accounts beyond current content opportunities.
- Approximately 85% of this person’s time will be dedicated to defining scalable market solutions, with about 15% spent supporting specific customer engagements in a specific solution design capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or similar discipline
- Minimum 5-8 years’ experience in a fast moving Sales & Marketing environment, preferably in Business Development, Technical Sales and/or Complex Solutions Selling.
- Strong technical competency to execute on the Nokia Location Platform strategy; extensive experience in the Web/Internet space is required.
- Demonstrated ability to penetrate new markets and grow existing markets with a history of driving revenue growth for the business.
- Experience building relationships with key customers and managing interactions within a large company.
- A team player with strong personality and ability to persuade and inspire colleagues and customers.
- Creativity and sound judgment in decision making. Should have adaptive skills, a flexible mind set as well as a “customer obsessed” mentality
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including ability to present and/or manage discussions with executive management.
- Capable of mastering and reacting to the pace of the business – quick thinker and implementer with a high sense of urgency
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and projects to on-time delivery; also to manage and coordinate inputs from multiple sources.
- Excellent attention to detail with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent negotiator with an eye on achieving the maximum value.
- Ability to work effectively in a geographically disperse organization.
- Must be able to be travel frequently (30-50%) and on short notice.
Monster - 24 months ago
NAVTEQ helps people get where they're going. Car and navigation system manufacturers incorporate the company's digital mapping...