Quality Assurance Competency Center (QACC) provides end-to-end testing and performance engineering services, support, methodology, and management across Cisco. Our services span across all global theatres and are available to IT, CDO, and other Cisco organizations. We are part of Globalization Center East (IT Delivery Services).
The Service lead (Quality Assurance) will be responsible for the overall test planning & delivery of projects in quarterly and monthly Enterprise Release Management Organization (ERMO) releases. The candidate is expected to have proven track record of enabling growth and improve client experience through end to end accountability of Quality Assurance (QA) services.
The successful candidate will have experience creating strategic support & alignment to new business models, execution in operational excellence & foster a culture of continuous improvement. This role requires a hands on knowledge to help experienced IT engineers and Analysts in developing technical solutions.
Process & Procedures:
- Work with key stakeholders in business, development & PMO to ensure alignment and delivery of quality.
- Collaborate across technical & business domains to plan test schedule, scope & resources
- Create and drive value added initiatives to help improve Quality, Agility & Productivity
- Work with group of IT Analysts to understand the architectural, technical and business view of the product/application being tested to design test scope, schedule & resource requirements.
- Work with IT engineers at a conceptual and technical level to help create practical & cost effective solutions, including but not limited to unit, functional, regression, sanity, performance and stress testing.
- Select appropriate internal & third party software tools by balancing business needs and cost.
- Build new process & solutions to support new and emerging business models.
- Accountable to improving relevant metrics and communication of the results with stakeholders.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Manage the Service Level and Relationship Management process, procedures, and teams at Cisco to maximize business benefits.
- Deliver subject-matter expertise for the IT Service Level Management function.
- Independently determine business needs for policies and processes and develop or update them accordingly.
- Provide guidance in response to policy and process questions from partners, internal support teams, and the IT community.
- Act as the point of effective control over coordination, communication, escalation, and follow up for issues.
- Establish appropriate external business relationships and presence in support of Cisco's position as an IT market and thought leader.
- BS Computer Science or related disciplines
- Certified and experienced ITIL professional. PMP certified will be added value.
- Full project life cycle experience and process knowledge
- Strong technical experience in Oracle Practice (SSC, SRM, Entitlement or B2B areas) & Manufacturing.
- 4+ Proficient programming in at least one programming language (Perl, Java, C/C++ etc.)
- Minimum 8 years of industry experience across PLC and 6+ years in Quality Assurance.
- Strong background and experience in software testing methodology, test development and test execution and report generation is preferred.
- Must have experience with Quality Center & performance testing tools like Ixia ,Agilent, load runner..etc
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to manage competing high priority tasks.
- Ability to multitask and a sound communication, team and people skills
- Strong team player with the ability to work collaboratively with others, and have fun!
- Independent, Accountable, Sense of urgency, Flexible and adaptable.
Cisco Systems - 15 months ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...