Direct responsibility for successful management of the total Custodial operation. Coordinating functions of position with the needs of students, faculty, staff and administration.
DUTIES OF POSITION:
*(DENOTES ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
*1. Under the direction of the Director of Facilities Operations, manage the operations of the custodial staff to ensure the cleanliness, comfort and safety of College facilities.
2. Develop long-range plans, area objectives and goals for custodial operations.
3. Review work requests and specifications to determine material and labor to complete the projects in conjunction with Director of Facilities Operations.
*4. Coordinate the activities of employees in custodial operations to utilize staff, materials and equipment in an effective and efficient manner.
*5. Regularly tour and inspect College facilities to ensure total quality management in custodial operations.
*6. Provide technical problem solving expertise; advising on procedures and best methods to accomplish goals.
*7. Resolve customer complaints and advise on procedures.
*8. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, preparing job descriptions, conducting performance evaluations, administering disciplinary action as necessary and training of all Custodial Operations employees.
9. Provide supervision and training to custodians, both outsourced and College employees, on all three shifts, including work schedule and staffing.
10. Support custodial operations by developing measurable standards and key performance indicators to assist with quality control inspections, deployment of staff, budget management, annual training requirements and labor relations.
11. Record and report the results of Key Performance Indicators regularly to the Director of Facilities Operations.
12. Stay abreast of current cleaning technology and make recommendations to the Director of Facilities Operations to continue to meet the improve upon College standards.
13. Responsible for documentation and report writing for weekly and monthly meetings.
14. Communicate with all levels in the organization as well as external vendors and contractors.
15. Responsible for implementation of human resources policies and procedures.
*16. Ensure compliance with all OSHA regulations as well as other state, local and College established safety and risk management regulations, guidelines and policies and procedures.
17. Ensure equipment maintenance and maintain inventory and order supplies.
18. Serve on appropriate internal and external committees.
19. Other duties as assigned.
Received by Employee:
Director of Facilities Operations.
Exercised by Employee:
All Custodial Operations Supervisors and Custodians.
Bachelor's Degree in Management or a related field.
Four (4) years' experience in custodial management. Strong communication and organizational skills. Proficiency in written and spoken English.
More than four (4) years' experience in custodial management.
EQUIPMENT AND/OR MACHINES USED:
Personal computer including knowledge of Microsoft Office software, printers, calculators, copiers and telephones. Knowledge of machinery related to custodial and housekeeping operations.
Regularly required to stand and walk. Occasionally required to climb and stoop. Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Ability to drive to off-campus locations. Background check required for this position.