The primary responsibility of the Workforce Measurement & Planning Lead Consultant is to serve as the primary subject matter expert for Allstate’s Human Capital Planning (HCP) practice. Requiring the application of workforce planning, human capital analytics as well as organization effectiveness and development knowledge, this role is responsible for collaborating with senior business leaders and HR Business Partners to develop fact-based talent insights that assist in the identification of critical talent priorities. Responsibilities include management and continuous development of the HCP process framework, educating users, coaching workforce analytics consultants and advancing the use of human capital analytics.
The ideal candidate must have internal or external consulting experience, a passion for educating and coaching others, possess a strong work ethic, be curious and a continuous learner, a self-starter and have applied experience conducting quantitative and qualitative human capital research and analysis.
1) Lead the Human Capital Planning (HCP) practice and related processes. This includes:
a) Designing, evolving and deploying an intuitive process and critical-thinking framework that can be used by HR professionals to identify critical talent priorities.
b) Collaborating with senior business leaders, HR business partners and the HCP operating team to develop and execute detailed project plans that enable ongoing identification of critical talent priorities aligned to business objectives.
c) Provides fact-based insights to assist in the identification of appropriate talent management strategies (succession, performance management, acquisition, development, etc.).
d) Analyzing large amounts of internal data to find key gaps in our workforce that may impede business results; forecasting and scenario planning is required for some clients.
e) Leading a cross-functional HCP operating team comprised of subject matter experts from various HR centers of expertise.
f) Designing and execute a communication strategy that ensures the HR professional community and key stakeholders obtain necessary information.
g) Conducting, or leading, research and analysis in support of HCP objectives.
h) Identifying key external trends and benchmarks that informs and complements internal workforce analysis and research.
i) Leading or directing the work of other team members who are responsible for assisting in the delivery of objectives.
2) Maintain, and lead others in the maintenance of, the primary databases (flat files) used by the measurement team for statistical analysis and research.
3) Leads the development and maintenance of human capital analytics and planning technology.
4) Leads strategic research projects that may involve large sets of data, running advanced analytics and providing predictive decision and trend metrics to business leaders.
5) Partners with leaders to identify research questions, determine key metrics, and interpret results. Runs analyses or oversees others in running analyses, and develops and presents findings to inform business decisions.
6) Represent Allstate as a subject matter expert in external research groups and consortia.
Undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline (Finance, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, or related Field).
An M.B.A. or Masters in Industrial/Organizational Psychology or related field. Quantitative emphasis.
4 to 5+ years of applied experience in developing human capital analytics and reporting.
2 to 3+ years experience applying human capital/workforce planning in a business setting.
Applied experience developing, or consulting in the development of strategic plans.
Insurance or financial services industry experience is a plus but not required.
1. Knowledge and applied experience in human capital/strategic workforce planning techniques.
2. The ability to apply business and/or financial acumen in the research of human capital issues in collaboration with internal stakeholders from officer level executives to HR generalists.
3. Expansive knowledge of human capital metrics, data, and business intelligence strategies.
4. Advanced consulting skills and experience with senior business leaders. Possesses the ability to establish and leverage relationships with internal and external partners and influence outcomes.
5. Creative thinker and problem solverwith the ability to objectively review a problem and suggest multiple alternative solutions.
6. Ability to effectively analyze and synthesize large amounts of complex data into relevant business insights.
7. Applied experience in the design, development, and implementation of quantitative and qualitative research, including data analysis and interpretation.
8. Advanced knowledge of statistical analysis and research design methodology.
9. Experience using statistical software. Applied SPSS or SAS experience and ability to write SPSS syntax.
10. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
11. Advanced business communication, presentation and writing skills. Ability to communicate technical information and complex data to non-technical audiences in a logical, concise manner.
Allstate - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Allstate celebrates creative problem solving, full engagement and working together to keep all people in Good Hands®. Rooted in...