Support Polycom customers to resolve technical issues on Polycom audio/video conferencing products.
Define problem descriptions and gather log files and configuration data for analysis in order to determine root cause of problems and create solutions.
Replicate reported issues in lab, testing for workaround or resolution.
Maintain accurate documentation of all actions required to resolve issues in the support database.
Provide written problem analysis on cases escalated to R&D for resolution.
Act as liaison between Customer and Engineering, Product Marketing and Sales departments, providing status updates and action plans as necessary.
Ability to multi-task between several customer escalations.
Ability to travel to customer sites for on-site troubleshooting.
- Understanding of Video Conferencing and associated technologies.
- Related Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- 4 to 6 years customer support experience.
- VoIP support experience (Audio codecs, Broadsoft, Asterisk server knowledge desired).
- Knowledge of SIP, H.323, and IP protocols and ability to analyze sniffer traces.
- Candidates should have experience installing, managing, deploying, configuring, and maintaining Lync Server 2010, Office Communications Server 2007 R2, and related technologies. In addition, candidates should have experience using and configuring Active Directory and network infrastructure components that support the deployment and ongoing management of Lync Server 2010 or Office Communications Server 2007 versions. MCITP certification preferred.
- A working knowledge of VoIP testing tools such as SIPp or similar preferred.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent technical writing skills for authoring and maintaining support documentation (Tech Bulletin’s, FAQ’s, etc.).
• To apply for this position please go to www.polycom.com
• No Agency Resumes will be accepted for this Position.
• No relocation budget authorized.
• Thank you very much for your interest in Polycom!
• Polycom is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Polycom, Inc. - 2 years ago
Polycom's vision is a world united by video. The company makes video-conferencing and immersive telepresence (which combines digital...