An ideal candidate is well versed in SQL, familiar with mainstream RDBMSs such as Oracle, DB2 and MySQL and has some programming or scripting experience in C++, Python, Perl and Shell. Knowledge of Linux (RedHat, SuSE, Debian) and VMware is a big plus. Your job will include technical account management, implementation support, sales support and working on proof of concepts while interacting with sales, engineering and other teams in the organization. You must be comfortable in a startup environment, interfacing directly with customers in the field, on the phone and via IM and e-mail.
Background and Skills
- At least 5 years of enterprise database administration and SQL development experience.
- Strong experience with performance optimization and tuning with database applications on a RDBMS system is a MUST.
- Strong SQL, programming and/or scripting skill is a MUST.
- Experience with ETL, reporting and monitoring tools is a plus.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is required; a Master’s degree is preferred.
- Be a mature and confident team player motivated by a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work well with aggressive deadlines and minimal supervision.
- Must be able to communicate technical scenarios at both a high-level and detail level, as is required by the audience.
- The position includes some amount of travel (25-30%).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with customers performing scalability, high availability, migration and consolidation services on DBMS as an implementation engineer.
- Design and implement database administration solutions including performance monitoring and tuning, data management and capacity planning, implementing DR/failover, resource management, security, backup and recovery, etc.
- Design and implement scripts for ETL process, instance monitoring and maintenance, etc.
- Design, write and deliver onsite training materials and presentations.
Lightwave Partners is a specialized IT staffing company focused on consulting and direct hire placement in a variety of industries such as Healthcare, Software, Financial Services, Government, Utility/Energy, Biotech/Pharma, Retail and Education.
- Versatilty. Lightwave Partners are specialized across multiple IT verticals and have extensive experience in consulting, direct hire, and temporary to permanent placements.
- Knowledge. Lightwave recruiters and account managers have decades of staffing experience and a deep understanding of change management in IT development projects. This knowledge allows us to better understand what hiring authorities are looking for and gives us the ability to understand the latest technology Innovations.
- Flexibility. Lightwave Partners has a proven track record of thinking outside the box to attract the top IT professionals and we customize our search solutions for companies looking for an edge in the battle for the best talent.
- Partnership. We want to build long term relationships and partnerships. We want to listen to you. If you are a job seeker looking for an opportunity, we want to hear about the criteria that are important to you. If you are a hiring authority, we want to hear about skills that you are looking for in your new hire. We want to make positive placements and we believe this starts with listening to the needs and wants of our clients and candidates.
Recruitics - 19 months ago