DEPARTMENT: Sale s CLASSIFICATION : Exempt
SUPERVISOR: VP of Sales & Marketing
Scope/Purpose of the Position:
The Sales Manager assigned to the sales team is responsible for driving the growth of Optus’ business t hrough prospecting new customers and developing a growth plan for sales vol ume for each qualified customer as well as leading the sales team to grow their business.
The following criteria will be utilized in addition to the above responsibilities to measure the success of the position:
- Developing a business growth plan for existing named accounts
- P rospecting and gain ing commitments from new customers
- D eveloping action plans to grow sales volume for each qualified customer
- Supervis e and direct the efforts of the sales team
- Provide coaching and feedba ck to the sales team in order to develop sales rep sales skills and soft skills
- Develop growth strategies and lead the sales team to implement these strategies
- Work with the sales team to produce development plans for existing customers
- Ensure necessary production to achieve sales goals as measured by the established Revenue and Gross Profit Contribution goals
- Provide monthly and quarterly sales forecasts for the team
- Manage performance and activity benchmarks utilizing reporting to ensure compliance
- Manage the execution of the tactics and activities utilizing the CRM tool
- Engage directly with sales reps and customers in support of large sales opportunities or large customer prospects
- M odel appropriate behavior in regards to Optus’ Core Values and Code of Ethics Policies and supports Optus’ team approach to Quality.
- Successful addition of n ew customer s to our customer base
- Sales v olume growth for existing named accounts
RESPONSIBILITY FOR WORK OF OTHERS
- Manage the established processes in the sales organization to ensure compliance
- Provide coaching, direction and accountability to the sales team
- Work in conjunction with HR on recruitment activities
- Identify individual training needs for each team member and develop plans to address
- Facilitate team meetings to communicate strategy, objectives, priorities and tactics to ensure the team’s goals and results are consistent with company direction
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement activities
- Work with employees to maintain a safe work environment
- Provide employees with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems.
- Models appropriate behavior in regards to Optus’ Core Values and Code of Ethics policies and supports Optus’ team approach to quality to drive Optus forward.
Direct supervision over --- Sales Team
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS : As much as 7 5 % travel to off-site locations such as current and potential customer visits and meetings with manufacturers . Ability to read, write, and communicate both orally and written to external and i nternal customers and employees. Normal vision and n ormal hearing with or without correction . Ability to lift and/or carry up to 25 lbs., periodically, throughout workday . Ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, sit in one place, squat and kneel continuously throughout day . Ability to reach, bend, and twist continuously throughout day . Ability to use hands and feet together for repetitive, coordinated motions. Ability to use hands for gripping and squeezing, as well as repetitive hand and wrist motions. Ability to work together effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- B.S. Degree in Business or related field or equivalent experience ( a t least 4 years business to business sales ) required.
- 3 to 5 years Sales Management experience in a progres sive communications environment
- Proven track record of ability to carry quotas and sell on a successful basis preferred.
- Previous experience or knowledge of PBX and telephony business preferred.
- Must be able to show demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Must have a general understanding of sales principles and territorial management.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude and able to demonstrate excellent customer service and have strong written and verbal communication skills, a keen attention to detail and great organizational habit.
- This position requires the successful candidate to be able to multi-task, work within externally developed deadlines, and respond promptly and efficiently to change.
“An Equal Opportunity Employer to include veterans and persons with disabilities.”