This role is part of the prospective sales team and reports to the prospective sales director. The Account Executive has an assigned quota that requires generating and closing new business within the assigned territory. He/she works to develop and execute a territory plan and strategy that will result in high quota attainment. For qualified prospects, the Account Executive must conduct a needs analysis and demonstrate the value of Forrester to potential clients by addressing critical business issues. Upon new client acquisition, this person will collaborate with an account manager to ensure the successful transition of all new business bookings.
• Achieve a new business sales quota in the assigned territory.
• Prospect and close appropriate accounts from a list of approximately 100 to 200 named accounts.
• Develop and close business by developing interest from IT and marketing enterprises that currently are not Forrester clients.
• Sell to VP level and above within the prospect’s IT and marketing organization.
• Maintain an appropriate sales pipeline to achieve quota, and keep the pipeline updated in Forrester’s CRM system.
• Produce accurate and timely forecasts.
• Understand the changing business and technology issues and needs that our potential clients face.
• Work with research teams to better understand the Forrester value proposition for prospects.
• Develop a complete understanding of Forrester's full array of product offerings, with an emphasis on business outcomes.
Forrester is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring. Our product is our intellectual capital, so we welcome and reward intellectual excellence, curiosity, and sophisticated thinking and look for:
• A proven track record of prospecting and selling to 1B+ companies.
• Proven experience in developing new business, achieving revenue goals, and managing personal sales strategies.
• Five or more years of proven experience in successful sales to C-level executives.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
• The ability to align client business objectives with Forrester solutions.
• Effective organization and time management skills.
• A team player.
• A high level of business acumen.
• The ability to travel.
• A bachelor’s degree.
Forrester Research is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer; M/F/D/V are especially encouraged to apply.
Forrester Research - 2 years ago
Can't see the tech forest for the trees? Maybe a Forrester ranger can guide you through the technological timber. One of the leading...