Come grow your career!
Come join an award winning team with the opportunity to enhance your career!
Award Winning Local Lab, Local Focus.
Full-Time, Day position for a Test Management Supervisor in the test management department at Banner Baywood Medical Center facility in Mesa, AZ.
Requires at least three years in phlebotomy and/or specimen processing experience in a clinical laboratory.
This position provides general supervision to assigned personnel. Directs, organizes and controls all aspects of procurement test management to provide high quality and cost effective services.
1. Hires, trains, and supervises the workflow for department staff. Provides leadership, coaching, recognition, and conducts corrective action and performance evaluations. Establishes priorities, workloads, schedules, controls, work procedures and provides day to day problem resolution and troubleshooting to ensure timely collection and processing of patient specimens.
2. Provides or assists in monitoring of financial activities within the department. Controls and adjusts expenditures, particularly in personnel costs, throughout the year in order to meet budgetary requirements. Prepares and/or provides or prepares accurate input for the department’s annual budget. Manages waste reduction and expense reduction efforts.
3. Under the direction of the Administrative Director of Hospital Laboratory ensures area(s) of responsibility are maintained in accreditation with accreditation with College of American Pathologists (CAP), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), American Association of Blood Banks (AABB), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and licensing for Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) for patient care and nursing. Also ensures laboratory is compliant with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
4. Leads and participates in task forces or councils who plan, implement, and coordinate activities to maximize service, quality, compliance, patient experience effectiveness and efficiency. Develops and reviews matrix to ensure quality patient care and Banner initiatives by using Six Sigma and Lean.
5. Serves as a resource and communication liaison by facilitating timely and accurate dissemination of information. Interacts with internal and external customers in responding to result or quality inquiries and other issues related to specimen management, testing and reporting.
Must be a high school graduate or have achieved equivalency through the GED exam and have at least three years of phlebotomy or processing experience in a clinical laboratory. Previous experience in a leadership role or participation in management training programs is required. Evidence of increasing responsibility in personnel management, financial management and organization skills required. A significant understanding and knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures of different software programs is required. Oral/written communication skills, analytical/strategic skills. Requires phlebotomy certification. Must possess the ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously and good working knowledge of regulatory and accreditation requirements. Must have a valid driver’s license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
Banner Health - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard