Under limited supervision, this position is responsible for coordinating and conducting employee educational classes and supporting organizational EMR training needs, including EMR support and maintenance, implementations, and project coordination. Working with other team members, will promote the organizational needs of the Michigan Heart practice. In addition, this position will collaboratively design, develop, and implement new training and educational materials related to all aspects of these information systems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Maintains good rapport and cooperative relationships. Approaches conflict in a constructive manner. Helps to identify problems, offer solutions, and participate in their resolution. Maintains the confidentiality of information acquired pertaining to patient, physicians, employees, and visitors to Saint Joseph Mercy Health System. Discusses patient and hospital information only among appropriate personnel in appropriately private places. Assumes responsibility for performance of job duties in the safest possible manner, to assure personal safety and that of coworkers, and to report all preventable hazards and unsafe practices immediately to management. Behaves in accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values of Saint Joseph Mercy Health System. Maintains patient and employee confidentiality in compliance with Michigan Heart and Saint Joseph Mercy Health System guidelines. Conducts general or specialized training sessions for Michigan Heart providers and employees on the NextGen Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and Electronic Practice Management (EPM) systems/processes. Provides educational training to non-Michigan Heart staff members who have been granted permission to access the Michigan Heart systems. Designs and supports the development of repeatable educational training modules and materials, continuously looking to improve and implement workflow enhancements within the EMR and EPM framework. Provides suggestions to continuously improve processes and use of the EMR and EPM systems and processes throughout Michigan Heart and Saint Joseph Mercy Health System. Working collaboratively to ensure that system security and integrity is maintained at all times. Functions as a clinical liaison for medical related questions and issues in the Information Technology department. Leads and coordinates support and maintenance of the system clinical functions, including but not limited to the EMR Medication Module, ePrescribing functionality, Tasking, NextGen User Permissions and NextGen Documents Provides project management coordination, assisting on projects from design phase through implementation and training. Exhibits the ability to lead staff, plan and prioritize work associated with system upgrades and implementations.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE
1. Bachelor degree in health or business administration required;
2. Medical Assistant experience or other clinical experience in cardiology preferred.
3. Five years working in a healthcare delivery organization, with knowledge of patient care practices. Strongly prefer solid understanding of the NextGen systems with the ability to maintain current knowledge of the NextGen systems through training, utilization of resources or other relevant means. Prior experience in a Training role is preferred.
4. Must have a demonstrated ability to effectively facilitate a technical training session; possesses solid communication skills to effectively respond to questions from a group of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
5. General understanding of adult learning principles and training methodologies. Knowledge of a broad range of relevant multi-user healthcare computer systems, applications, and/or health equipment.
6. Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment when working with staff, providers and management. Must demonstrate initiative and excellent follow through to ensure resolution of open items.
7. Must have the ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks with minimal direction, being adaptable and flexible. Must be able to perform effectively on an independent basis as well as under direct supervision.
1. Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
2. Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 50 pounds, may require standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours a day.
3. Very limited exposure to physical risk.
4. Some travel to any of the Regional Michigan Heart offices may be required for training or support.
HR Use Only:
Saint Joseph Mercy Health System - 7 months ago