We are seeking a Utility Bus and Shelter Washer for our Reno division. The Utility will be responsible for the “overall" appearance and cleanliness of the fleet and/or the system shelters and transfer sites and will assist the maintenance department with the upkeep of the shop and operations facilities as well as provide assistance with the documentation of activities related to vehicle maintenance, fuel, and parts inventories. This position will report to the Maintenance Manager. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Fleet clean interior and exterior.
- Fuel & fluid stores accurately inventoried.
- Clean work environment for all project staff including shop, lot, and operations office facilities.
- All vehicles completely fueled and fluids topped, ready for service at various times of day.
- Fuel and fluids inventories tracked and monitored.
- Fuel logs maintained accurately and up to date for each vehicle and type of fuel/fluid.
- Vehicle interiors cleaned according to contract.
- Vehicle emergency equipment (fire extinguisher, body-fluid kit, first aid kit) fully stocked and functional.
- Vehicles parked according to facility parking plan. All fleet damage documented and communicated to appropriate personnel in the case of unreported damage.
- Fuel Island maintained and kept clean, any spills contained immediately and reported to the appropriate personnel.
- Empty and replace trash can liners at bus stops, shelters & transfer sites.
- Power wash walkways and general areas near and around bus stops & shelters
- Power wash walkways/sidewalks at transfer sites.
- Work area maintained according to OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Office, break and restroom areas cleaned and trash disposed of properly.
- Maintain adequate stores and accurate inventory of cleaning supplies required.
- Provide assistance as necessary to shop staff in keeping parts inventories accounted for as well as in procurement of necessary parts for fleet and facility maintenance.
Education: Equivalent to completion of the 12th grade.
Skill To: Effectively use and operate the tools and equipment required for the maintenance of large vehicles.
Ability To: Understand the theory, operation, learn and follow industrial and shop safety rules; learn and effectively use personal computers and the Company’s software programs, communicate effectively both orally and in writing; understand and follow oral and written instructions; work independently under continual training and close supervision.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug testing.
- Have graduated high school or equivalent.
- Must be a least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule.
- Work well with others.
- Willing to learn.
- Available for training.
- Able to lift up to 70 lbs.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. Employment contingent upon client approval. MV Transportation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
MV Transportation, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job
Though founded back in 1975, MV remained a small, family owned company during our first 20 years of service - operating about five...