Serves as the primary liaison between Catamaran Rx Clinical Operations and Customer Service; provides clinical support to Client Services, Operations, IT and Customer Service Pharmacy Technicians, claims processing system, and plan development as it relates to clinical operations; and functions as a Clinical account manager for assigned client accounts.
- Provides superior clinical consultation and account management with focus on client retention/satisfaction and trend management.
- Conducts utilization and cost analyses, drug utilization reviews and analyses, formulary management, and serves as a drug information resource.
- Participates in client meetings, as needed, and coordinates implementations of clinical projects/programs.
- Provides education for clients, pharmacists, members, and physicians, including one-on-one physician visits and implementation of educational programs.
- Supports Catamaran Rx and client specific Pharmacy and Therapeutics functions and responsibilities.
- Supports elevated customer service and prior authorization inquiries specific to assigned accounts.
- Initiates and develops clinical products and services and supports Sales and Marketing, as needed.
- Provides drug information and clinical support for Customer Service Pharmacy Technicians; provides clinical input and support for claims processing programs; and assists in the development of corporate clinical products and services.
- Supports MTM services and products as needed.
- Supports corporate clinical pharmacy operations as needed.
- Assists and participates in Pharmacy Student/Externship programs.
- Follows all policies and procedures related to job.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet corporate objectives.
- Some travel may be required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or doctorate of Pharmacy (PharmD), current state pharmacy license and 2+ years pharmacy practice experience in a managed care environment, including experience developing formularies, presenting at P&T committee meetings, and performing drug utilization analyses; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong communication, interpersonal, presentation, customer service, and computer skills required.
Catamaran offers a true alternative to the status quo in pharmacy benefit management. You donâ€™t have to choose between...