Warehouse Associate Driver
Border States has a terrific opportunity for an individual looking for employment in Gillette, Wyoming.
- Provides delivery of material to customer sites. Maintains delivery vehicle in clean, good working condition and monitors maintenance and mileage data.
- Maintains daily driver logs and vehicle inspection sheets. Provides for regular maintenance and cleaning of vehicles.
- Completes driver’s log and other backup detail daily and forwards all the information to the corporate office on a weekly basis in order to be processed timely. Pays truck expenses and updates appropriate records.
- Must be observant and adhere to all local, state and federal traffic and safety regulations.
- May check and pack material to be delivered. Must have a full understanding of truck routes and may coordinate deliveries with our own trucks, assigned freight companies or other carriers based on special requests or the best way to ship material. May maintain shipping equipment and must keep work area clean and safe.
- May perform warehouse functions including, but not limited to, order filling, stocking shelves, processing returns, receiving and shipping as needed. Assists with loading and unloading material at the branch and customer locations.
- Receives incoming freight and checks the material for damages or shortages. Distributes material to the proper stock locations. Fills special orders and backorders as material is received. Follows up with appropriate departments, carriers and vendors on receiving discrepancies, damages and shortages. Maintains a clean and safe working area.
- May assist the City Desk area in providing customer service functions including, but not limited to, order entry, filling orders, processing returns, expediting, technical assistance, Will Call and other functions as needed.
- Maintains assigned inventory stock locations, making sure the material that is put away has the correct locator and the shelves are kept neat and orderly. Fills orders for delivery to customers. Assists with loading and unloading of trucks. Assures all batched managed material is labeled accurately and inventoried as needed.
Border States has a competitive benefit package including an Employee Stock Ownership Plan. To apply, fill out our application form.
- Prefer a minimum of a two-year business or trade degree or equivalent in work experience.
- Prior warehouse distribution experience including forklift operation and good knowledge of electrical products and systems is preferred.
- Minimum of 21 years of age is required. A valid driver’s license to operate company vehicles along with a current medical certification is required.
- This position requires the ability to lift more than 75 pounds on an occasional basis, move up to 25–50 pounds on a frequent basis and move up to 20 pounds on a constant basis. This position may require constant standing and walking. These requirements must be met with or without accommodation.
- Excellent interpersonal communication (reading, writing and speaking English) and customer service skills are preferred with the ability to effectively plan and organize.
- Working knowledge of PC for Windows, Internet and SAP enterprise resource planning software is a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills include being courteous, responsive, accurate and competent.
Border States Electric - 17 months ago
Border States is a 100 percent employee-owned company with headquarters in Fargo, North Dakota, and an extensive network of branch locations...