The Global Sourcing Electronic Cost Leader will provide component cost management oversight - leadership with our Strategic Partner Contract Manufacturers and coordinates associated pricing adjustments with the supplier and Thermo Fisher sites.
- Develop and implement a set of standard work templates and instructions to ensure that the electronic component cost process is consistency driven with each Strategic Partner
- Provide component cost review process with the Strategic Partner Contract Manufacturers and collaborates with the applicable Thermo Fisher Sites to ensure product costs are adjusted accordingly.
- Develop and oversee PCBA and HLA cost transition schedules associated with component cost changes.
- Implement strategies for improving supplier productivity including component costs, alternative component suppliers, reduced MOQ’s, reduced lead times, reduced NCNR’s and pricing and total cost improvements in conjunction with other elements of the Supply Chain team.
- Responsible for understanding and clearly communicating developments and changes at component manufacturers and distributors in technology, availability and other industry trends that may affect products being manufactured by our Contract Manufacturers.
- Provide guidance in supplier performance process with our Strategic Partners.
- Drive utilization of Thermo Fishers Preferred Component Suppliers in new designs
- Provides guidance and coaching to Thermo Fisher site level personnel wherever needed and maintains regular communication with each applicable site to ensure clear and open lines of communication.
- Assist in the training of other Sourcing personnel as required.
- Drive low cost region component sourcing.
- Ensure Contract Manufacturers are providing equal opportunity for small, disadvantaged , women owned and other minority owned suppliers.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria
- Bachelors degree minimum with a Masters degree preferred in Business or Engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven contract negotiating and project management skills
- Track record of applying a variety of tools and techniques that lead to significant total cost of ownership improvement
- Experienced in lean sourcing
- In depth risk assessment and mitigation experience
- Experienced in working within cross-functional teams and international teams
- Strong computer skills (Excel and Powerpoint at a minimum but preferred advanced users)
- Ariba e-Sourcing experience a plus
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in sourcing electronics with a strong knowledge of the contract manufacturing and electronic component industries
- Must be a self-motivated team player who is able to work at all levels both internally and externally with minimal supervision
- Willing to travel up to 30% (including international travel)
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000...