We’re a smart, growing team tackling big problems. Natera’s mission is to give couples the best chance of having a healthy child and we need your help to bring the latest technology in genetics together with advanced signal processing and statistics.
We are looking for a Linux pro interested in cloud and cluster computing and not afraid of Windows. As a diagnostic laboratory, we collect a massive amount of complex data from patients and customers worldwide. As a research organization, we need tools for agile data access. As a growing business, we need back-office tools that scale. We need someone who can help in all these areas.
Your initial responsibilities will be to:
Skills & Requirements:
- Expand and maintain our new compute cluster, and work with partners to expand to the cloud
- Support web application deployments
- Improve on internal network, file sharing, backup and security infrastructure
- Work with IT to trouble shoot help desk requests
- Deploy tools for research and developers
- 4 years of Linux admin experience (Ubuntu, CentOS preferable)
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2 years of Windows admin experience, including Active Directory and Windows Server 2008
- Ability to script in a language other than Bash such as Python or Perl
- Understanding of network protocols (and have the ability to differentiate between TCP, UDP, and ICMP
- Ability to identify system bottlenecks in Linux and determine causes (Is a process IO, memory, or CPU limited?)
- Superlative trouble shooting skills
- Self-motivated, and detail oriented
- Familiarity with provisioning systems, network and application monitoring systems a plus
- Experience with virtualization a plus
The mission of Natera is to help doctors give couples the best chance of having a healthy child. Our company was formed in 2004 by a team of doctors, geneticists, statisticians, and software engineers who embarked on developing a technology called Parental Support™, to enable highly reliable testing of multiple genes and chromosome copy number from minute amounts of DNA. Natera has helped thousands of families with its one-of-a-kind testing.
Natera is funded by the National Institutes of Health, and top Silicon Valley VC firms including Sequoia Capital, Claremont Creek Ventures, and Lightspeed Ventures.
Natera is driven by a passion for elevating the science and utility of prenatal testing. The advent of the Information Age has created a...