Responsible for providing to the bank’s customers demand deposit account operational and processing support with respect corporate cash management products such as wire transfers, check deposits (lockbox), check clearing and ACH. Communicate with corporate customers as needed to support their inquiries related to payment and cash transactions. Assist with other group activities including payments sanctions monitoring and volume and statistical reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the authenticity & justify the correctness/completeness of manual payment orders received from customers.
- Provide day-to-day operational support to customer accounts. Liaise directly with customers as needed.
- Daily reconciliation of the Credit pending Account (CPD)
- Review and process Cash letters received from customers as outlined in the Procedure Z17 Check Deposits and Pouch Activities
- Assist with general inquiry/correspondence related to account transactions
- Process “lockbox” and other checks received for deposit.
- Perform controlling functions in eController system for the check clearing process. i.e. Posipay, Check Authorizations and Stop Payments
- Maintain various statistical reports as outlined by department management
- Review authenticity and correctness/completeness of payments orders received from clients, including those in foreign currency.
- Arrange FX trades to support currency payments duly agreed by all parties involved including FX treasury.
- Maintain familiarity with Bank Secrecy Act, payments sanctions monitoring requirements (OFAC) and all associated AML (anti-money laundering) rules and regulations.
- Miscellaneous responsibilities and other duties as assigned or as instructed by the supervisor
- Bachelors degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 3 - 5 years experience working in banking operations.
- Well organized, detail and deadline oriented.
- Strong overall written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively use a USD clearing payments and check processing systems (i.e. Montran GPS, ProfitStars RemitPlus. Goldleaf ACH Client, eController, etc.)
- Good working knowledge of US checks and the check clearing process, ability to recognize fraudulent checks, general understanding of US payments (FedWire, CHIPS and SWIFT).
Linium Resources - 15 months ago