The State Accounting Office is looking for hands on individual to join the technical PeopleSoft infrastructure team and provide System Engineer and System Administration expertise on the products used to support the State of Georgia in financial, human resource, and payroll. The Systems Engineers form the Technical think tank for the infrastructure team and wear different hats based on the project. The Systems Engineers will perform capacity planning for upgrades, new module implementations and will be involved in upgrades and fixes. They also provide technical support to development team members. They typically work on one or more projects of high complexity and act as the subject matter expert for a project team. They In this role as System Engineer/System Administrator, we are looking for an individual that has a combination of strong technical skills, wide knowledge on networking, firewalls, load balancers, and enterprise architecture and ability to multi-task. This position will report directly to the State Accounting Office systems manager.
Agency Specific Qualifications
6 to 8 years IT experience preferably in a Sun Solaris environment.
- Ability to implement and troubleshoot programming changes and modifications.
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, Firewalls, applications, procedures, and techniques.
- Knowledge of data integrity methods and techniques.
- Ability to perform acceptance testing on computer systems, applications, and hardware.
- Ability to operate on a scheduled 24-hour on-call basis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. (including requirements/test scripts, etc)
- Strong organization skills with great attention to detail.
- Time management and teaming skills.
- Proficient in writing business and functional requirements as well as test scripts.
- Interact with all levels of management (internally and externally)
Minimum Training & Experience: Bachelor's degree in a related field and five years of directly related management experience Or Seven years of directly related management experience Or One year at the lower level or position equivalent (ITM021)
- Must have experience with PeopleSoft application of FSCM, HCM and Portal and Interfacing them using Integration Broker.
- Experience administering PeopleSoft applications including installation and tuning of application servers and web servers using WebLogic.
- Experience with prior PeopleSoft Application Upgrades and use of Change Assistant.
- Must have experience on both PeopleSoft Financial and HR applications and interfacing them using Integration Broker and other technologies.
- Experience with PeopleSoft SQL code tuning & PeopleSoft schemas/objects.
- Knowledge of UNIX Shell Scripting.
- Experience with Windows 2008 operating system, installing and configuring Process Scheduler for Crystal Reports.
- Familiarity with SSH, FTP, SFTP and SMTP protocols, ability to troubleshoot by interpreting error codes and log files.
- Creating CSR for ssl certificates and installing ssl certificates for all applications used in the agency.
- Experience in using Weblogic console for performance monitoring.
- Tuxedo command line interface for troubleshooting.
Agency Specific Qualifications and/or Preferred Qualifications: •Prior state government experience.
Additional Information: Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
- PeopleSoft FSCM and HCM version 9.0 and higher and PeopleTools 8.5 and higher.
- Experience with Oracle database 11g or higher in UNIX Solaris 10 environment.
- Knowledge of Apache web server and JBoss.
- Use and knowledge of STAT.
- Experience with QC testing tool.
- Experience with BCOMM software for PeopleSoft to integrate with Time & Labor module of HCM application.
- Experience with Control M scheduling Software.
- Experience with XML/HTML/J2EE technologies.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
For more information about this job contact: *
- Note: This contact may be able to provide answers to specific questions you have about this job posting. However, DO NOT e-mail or submit your application/resume to this contact unless directed otherwise in the "Additional Information" section above.
Georgia Careers - 2 years ago