GP Strategies Corporation’s Enterprise Technology Solutions (ETS) Team is experiencing a tremendous growth spurt, and we’re looking for Senior and Principal level software engineers. This is a dynamic role, and is simply not your plain old Java/.Net programmer position – As such we’re looking for folks who are flexible and open to working with any and all cutting-edge technologies. We are not your run of the mill software team, and we don’t align to a particular technology that restricts us to being defined as a ‘Microsoft/Java shop’. The ETS Team chooses the right technology to get the job done, and we don’t have a bias towards any particular discipline. If you’re a bright engineer that likes to solve challenging problems, we’re the place for you. We’re open to great ideas from intelligent folks like you, and we’ll give you the flexibility and freedom to innovate your own solutions and recommend new ideas and technologies.
The ETS Team works primarily in the ‘performance improvement’ space – we implement, support, and host training systems, and systems that make training easier. Learning Management Systems (LMS) are a big part of what we do, but not all of what we do. We also work with systems that manage training content, systems that make training more collaborative and social (using tools like SharePoint and Drupal), and we build utilities that make our jobs and our customer’s jobs easier.
The ETS Team at GP Strategies has that fast-paced, energetic, startup-type feel - while retaining the stability that comes from being part of a 2,500 person publicly traded company (check out our stock price – GPX on the NYSE). We encourage a casual work environment, we allow for flexible working hours (early birds and night owls are welcome), and we offer the ability to work from home regularly.
- Assists in the implementation, customization, and support of various off the shelf LMS Systems, which may include Sum Total, Plateau, SuccessFactors, Saba, and Moodle among others.
- Develops stored procedures, views, and packages to enhance software functionality. Our DBMS breakdown is approximately 70% Oracle, 20% MSSQL, and 10% MySQL.
- Develops complex SQL to facilitate system updates, data imports/exports, ad-hoc reporting, etc.
- Develops customizations to off the shelf LMS systems using various web technologies, which may include J2EE, .NET, PHP, open source tools, etc.
- Builds system reports using technologies like Crystal, Business Objects, and BIRT.
- Builds utilities and other small-medium sized applications using any number of technologies.
- Level 3 support - Works with existing products to ensure smooth operation and functionality, and solves product issues escalated by lower level support teams.
- Learns the ins and outs of the software we implement and support, and isn’t afraid to shun the back-end and dig into the front end application to figure out a problem.
- Candidates should have technical experience implementing and supporting Plateau, SuccessFactors, Sum Total, Saba, or other enterprise LMS solutions.
- Candidates should have experience working with customers in consultative manor.
- Candidates should have experience working in a team environment using software version control tools.
- 2-5+ years writing/editing complex SQL database queries, procedures and data extraction scripts.
- 2-5+ years writing code using web technologies like Java, ASP.Net, PHP, open source anything, or something similar.
- Unix/Linux platform experience would be helpful.
- Experience configuring application Servers (JBoss, Weblogic, WebSphere, OracleAS) would be helpful.
- Experience configuring web Servers (Apache, IIS) would be helpful
- This will only make sense if you’re in the learning space already - Publishing courseware using e-learning standards such as SCORM and AICC a plus.
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
GP Strategies Corporation
- 2 years ago - save job
Option Six wants to close the book -- the jargon-filled training manual, that is -- on boring educational materials. The company creates...