Essential Job Functions
- Plans and designs systems modeling, simulation and analysis for project(s) crossing multiple product lines or a major phase of significant projects. Participates as integral part of design team, coordinates engineers and support staff in project efforts.
- Performs highly complex testing and research of software systems to enhance performance or investigate and resolve matters of significance.
- Monitors and oversees the completion and implementation of technical products to ensure success and timeliness.
- Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of highly complex projects. Identifies, recommends and pursues technology/practices to apply to solution.
- Recommends and implements corrections in highly complex technical applications and analysis to enhance performance.
- Conducts cost analyses and evaluates vendor capabilities to provide the most complex required products or services. Recommends vendor(s) and approach and presents to senior management/customer as appropriate.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Provides complex technical consultation to other organizations; interacts with senior customer personnel and internal senior management.
- Provides the customer base with second level support.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Nine or more years of experience in software engineering or operating systems programming
- Experience working with software design principles
- Experience working with conducting costing analyses
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills to resolve highly complex software design issues and create new software for multiple products
- Strong leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with senior customers, management and team members
- Strong communication skills to interact with team members and senior support personnel
- Ability to synthesize broad and narrow concepts of high complexity and use them to meet company objectives
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience as a Software Engineer supporting software architecture development, requirements analysis, process
execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and software integration (with both new and
languages; XML; HTML; workflow tools such as JBoss or Weblogic; DOM; AJAX; Apache; Spring, near-real-time
processing, collection systems, network protocols & standards, GUI development, and mission management systems
- Experience in Web Services implementation
- Must be experienced in programming using Top Down, Event Driven, and object oriented paradigms
- Experience in Agile methods is desired
- Certifications may be substituted for some experience
- Additional experience may be substituted for educational requirements
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Current TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
AppLabs - 19 months ago
Apple has an "i" for revolutionary technology. Since its release, the company's iPhone has spurred a revolution in cell...