ICF International is pleased to announce that our company continues to expand our growing family. We have a newly opened role for a technical writer.
As the technical writer you will support a team responsible for the integration and deployment of a smartcard-based identity (ID) badging system addressing Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 (HSPD-12).
The technical writer will assist with the development of project documentation, policy documents, workflow descriptions, meeting minutes and status reports.
All work will be performed at the Agency site in Washington, DC.
- Independently manage all project-related documentation
- Author original policy documents and other project documents with support from client staff and the technical team.
- Create technical diagrams, illustrations, and presentation materials using Microsoft Visio and Powerpoint.
- Review technical documents created by project engineers and edit for grammar and syntax.
- Develop content for presentation on web-sites
- Develop original training materials and software simulations.
- Attend technical meetings and capture detailed meeting minutes.
- Assist with the development of project reporting documents including monthly status reports.
- Associate’s' Degree in an associated discipline and 5 years experience writing original technical documentation; or 7 years experience.
- Mastery of English grammar and syntax.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office 2007 products including Word and Powerpoint
- Experience documenting the operation of complex information technology systems
- Experience writing Federal policy documents.
- Experience reviewing and editing work products written by other team members.
- Experience with screen capture tools including Adobe Captivate.
- Experience formatting content for display on web sites
- Demonstrated professionalism, strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to work independently
Exhibit strong team player skills with a willingness to assume responsibility and respond to new challenges
ICF International - 9 months ago
Consultant ICF International sees opportunity in government spending. The firm advises government entities and businesses on issues related...