The Building Engineer maintains a working relationship with all Property Managers and Engineering team in his/her area for issues affecting their properties. Issues may range from tenant improvement work to preventive maintenance and repair of all building systems. The Building Engineer must exhibit outstanding client service and professionalism in all interactions with tenants and RMR staff. Teamwork and collaboration are critical to this position’s success.
· Complete tenant service requests and develops and maintains positive tenant relations through prompt, courteous response to tenant requests.
· Operates, maintains and logs all HVAC and MEP equipment under the direction of their supervisor.
· Perform preventive maintenance on HVAC equipment, plumbing and electrical systems, as directed by the supervisors.
· Maintain computerized or manual equipment logs that detail preventive work performed.
· Cleans and paints all equipment and surrounding areas relating to equipment and equipment rooms.
· Assists in the ordering of stock and inventory of parts and supplies as needed.
· Maintains professional appearance and manner at all times while in the complex.
· Perform snow removal as needed.
· Take and log meter readings on all meters and equipment as directed by their supervisors.
· Make required repairs to all building systems.
· Maintain a daily, written log book detailing the events of the day, the plant operation and any issues that arise.
· Handle miscellaneous duties as assigned.
· HVAC or electrical technical school training or equivalent experience required.
· 4+ years of direct experience in the management of mechanical, electrical and plumbing operations for commercial office buildings.
· Strong hands-on refrigeration/HVAC troubleshooting experience mandatory.
· Individual should have experience in all aspects of mechanical, electrical, life/safety and plumbing operations in commercial office buildings.
· Must have experience with Preventive Maintenance and work order systems.
· Oversee and supervise service providers.
· Experience with computerized building management systems.
· Universal HCFC Certification (minimum EPA Type 2).
· Refrigeration or Stationary Engineer License preferred.
· Must have strong customer service skills working with tenants and clients.
· Must be flexible with working overtime as needed.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable form of transportation.
· Initial and continued employment is contingent upon passing government background checks and security clearance procedures.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
· Must be team oriented and a problem solver.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
CommonWealth REIT - 2 years ago
CommonWealth REIT (NYSE: CWH) is a real estate investment trust, or REIT, which primarily owns office buildings located throughout the...