Title of Job: Operations Engineer
Role Located in : Okta Headquarters (San Francisco, CA)
Reports to : Director of Technical Operations
Okta is an enterprise grade identity management service, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta IT can manage access across any application, person or device. Whether the people are employees, partners or customers or the applications are in the cloud, on premises or on a mobile device, Okta helps IT become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance.
The Okta service provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication,provisioning, workflow, and built in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform and integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, and identity management systems.
Enterprises using Okta today include Activision, Allergan, BMC Software, Groupon, Informatica, LinkedIn, Purolator and SAP. The hundreds of enterprises, thousands of cloud application vendors and millions of people using Okta’s identity management service form the foundation for the industry’s fastest growing, vendor neutral Enterprise Identity Network. Okta’s Enterprise Identity Network seamlessly and securely connects organizations, applications, and people, anywhere, anytime, from any device.
The Okta team has built and deployed many of the world’s leading on-demand and enterprise software solutions from companies including Salesforce.com, PeopleSoft, Microsoft, BMC, Arcsight, Sun, and HP. Okta is backed by premiere venture investors Andreessen Horowitz, Greylock Partners, Khosla Ventures and Sequoia Capital.
The Operations Engineer will be responsible for day-to-day monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting of our customer-facing web application environments. This is a high-impact role in a fast-paced organization that is poised for massive growth and success.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Contribute to efforts in multi-platform configuration automation
- Contribute to planning efforts for disaster recovery, capacity expansion, component upgrading, and system hardening
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Day-to-day management of the primary revenue-generating, customer-facing application environments
- Research new promising tools and technologies, and ways to more elegantly/efficiently solve problems
- Produce and maintain voluminous documentation on installations, incidents, and procedures
Nice to have Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Has extensive Linux experience
- Has experience in off-premise cloud-based infrastructure, in particular Amazon Web Services
- Has maintained complex custom applications on UNIX/Linux and/or Enterprise Java platforms
- Has the ability to rapidly self-educate on new concepts and tools
- Enjoys being the go-to team member for solutions to a very wide range of technical problems – none too great or small
- Experience with the following technologies/products, which you will interact with every day:
- Linux (Both RPM- and DEB-based distributions)
- Public cloud infrastructure ( e.g. AWS, Rackspace Cloud)
- Shell scripting and other interpreted languages
- Strong seasoning in critical incident triage and response
- Effective communicator with solid writing skills
- Effective when working under pressure and delivering to high standards within tight deadlines
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Windows Server administration
- Tomcat or other Java servlet container
- OpsCode Chef
- DNS administration
Okta - 21 months ago