- Creation of chassis tools component and system math solutions for very exciting new vehicle programs, from clean sheet of paper to detailed UG math. Includes competitive benchmarking. Includes significant physical integration (packaging) work, negotiating with competing areas. May include some "mock-up" work with stereolithography or other simulated hardware.
- Daily collaboration with other Chassis Designing Engineers as well as other key areas of the organization (CAE, Cost Estimating, Performance Integration, Manufacturing, Service Engineering, other commodities (Body, HVAC, Powertrain, etc)) to develop the optimal overall vehicle solution.
- Regular maintenance of math in UG and TeamCenter environment.
- Development and refinement of the imperatives (pc cost, tooling, mass, performance, etc) of these designs, reporting out as required.
- Collaboration with the downstream Designing Engineer to eventually source components and systems for production.
- Creating final "readiness assessments" prior to handing off the designs to the downstream Designing Engineers, who will develop the hardware and take the designs into production.
- Cannot divulge which programs, as this is GM Confidential.
- Ability to work in an early and rapidly evolving design environment.
- Ability to work well with others and elevate issues when appropriate.
- Willing to work some overtime, as required.
Gonzalez - 12 months ago