As a Network Vendor Manager, you will act as a key contact for product and services sourcing for our corporate network with the Facebook supply base. Sourcing activities will include but not be limited to: identification of product and service availability and options, developing and setting a negotiation and sourcing strategy, driving sourcing decisions on a global basis and managing day-to-day execution performance of network vendors.
The Vendor Manager will manage vendors to achieve best in class network pricing, optimal flexibility, and unmatched delivery and availability performance. The Vendor Manager will also partner to conduct network inventory reviews to identify and secure cost savings opportunities.
Working closely with the Network Engineering Team, the Vendor Manager will communicate and implement strategies, contracts and pricing with an overall focus on maintaining long-term partner relationships and managing total costs of ownership to a minimum. The ideal candidate will have experience negotiating voice and bandwidth agreements for MPLS, Voice, Transport, IP Interconnection and networking hardware (campus LAN, WAN, wireless and video). This position requires a foundational understanding of networking technologies and service providers. This position reports to the Director of Supply Chain and is based at our headquarters in Menlo Park. |
- Partner with network engineering to develop network hardware bills of material for global Facebook corporate sites, verify pricing and leadtime information, follow through with purchase order placement, and delivery and payment of network hardware suppliers.
- Work with network engineering to source and deliver network hardware needed in support of Facebook data centers.
- Partner with corporate network capacity planning to quote, order and ensure turn-up of network capacity (e.g. T1/E1, 100M, MPLS services, etc.)
- Compose, launch, and evaluate network hardware solutions using RFI’s, RFP’s and RFQ’s. Propose a purchase option based on RFx information.
- Track and ensure delivery of network hardware orders to destination.
- Partner with AP to promply solve payment problems.
- Partner with network sourcing managers to ensure overall pricing, leveraging Facebook’s total spend.
- Negotiate and implement network hardware contracts of moderate to low complexity.
- Collaborate with corporate network engineering to evaluate, deliver, and manage 3rd party contracted network services.
- Work with asset management to review inventory of existing corporate network assets and identify opportunities for cost savings.
- Support Organic Growth: Tactical support of network engineering by owning and completing tasks related to network capacity adds.
- SLA Performance: Measure, manage, and improve supplier actual performance against negotiated SLA.
- Competitive Benchmarking: Identify key benchmark suppliers in RFx efforts. Partner to identify evaluation criteria and provide relevant data back to internal FB team.
- On time Delivery: Measure, report, and action to improve delivery performance.
- Ongoing Cost Productivity: Measure, report, and action cost productivity as a function of market pricing.
- Scorecard Management: Lead supplier performance measurement, root cause of issues, and drive performance improvement. Own all aspects of supplier performance.
- BA/BS or equivalent in technical or business related field with at least 10 years of relevant experience
- MBA preferred
- At least 8 years in telecom with a minimum of 3 years working with vendors.
- Strong knowledge of materials, purchasing, and supply chain processes.
- Must be analytical and results focused.
- Must have business and technical knowledge of network infrastructure including IP Services and Transport Services.
Facebook - 8 months ago
Facebook is a social utility that connects people with friends, business contacts and others who work, study and live around them.