The Financial and Private Sector Development (FPD) Vice Presidency focuses on facilitating the creation of wealth and jobs through the development of, and access to, thriving and competitive markets. The Vice Presidency serves as the central node for the World Bank’s FPD network and practices and works jointly with the IFC’s Advisory Services.
The Learning Team in the Finance and Private Sector Development Knowledge Management (FPDKM) manages the FPD Learning program to include onboarding, Chief Economist Talks, FPD Academy, regional dialogues in addition to high level profile events including fee-based international and regional conferences. The team also manages client and staff learning events and is experimenting with social media platforms and collaboration tools to support internal and external communities of practice aligned with FPD’s practices. The FPDKM team is staffed by knowledge management and learning specialists.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.
Duties and Accountabilities:
• Lead FPD Onboarding program – be the focal point with all FPD new staff; liaise with Practice Managers on content, availability and format; work across the network to maintain update documents and information. Prepare briefing notes and talking points for FPD Snr. Management.
• Leads and implements one of FPD highest fee based courses; be the focal point with the content experts and external speakers; manage the workshop agenda and flow; reaches out to external participants; maintains a thorough data base and confidentially of participants; builds an active community of practice; works across other networks.
• Working closely with FPD Learning Coordinator, develop and implement new learning and knowledge sharing opportunities to retain expertise knowledge and experience e.g. masterclasses, FPD regional dialogues, Connectivity Boost, etc…
• Systematically selects and implements appropriate instructional technologies to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and access for specific Learning Activities. Works with outside vendors and/or STCs to develop learning technology products that meet FPD needs and which are compliant with system standards.
• Works across FPD practices to input and maintain learning-related data in WBG Information Technology systems (e.g., LMS, SAP).
• Manage the FPD Chief Economist Talks and FPD Academy – a monthly series of knowledge sharing; work closely with subject matter experts across the Practices and the regions; deliver high quality of events and program content – in terms of time, focus, and fit with staff learning needs.
• Maintains systems to collect, store, analyze and process evaluation data. Use monitoring and evaluation analysis to improve learning activities. Feeds lessons learned into the design of the following program.
• Leads on-the-day logistics and staff for events.
Degree in finance, business, marketing, communications, or related discipline.
• A working knowledge of financial and private sector development issues would be a plus.
• Able to work independently on projects, taking broad general instructions and being able to fill in the details proactively through continued interactions with clients and audiences.
• At least three years of experience planning, developing and running conferences, learning events, and international meetings.
• Able to handle diplomatically sensitive situations with target audiences and clients.
• Familiarity with World Bank Group logistics is a MUST.
• Highly motivated, proactive, detail-oriented, and creative.
• Good team player. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with internal and external players in a multicultural context.
• Demonstrated ability to multitask.
• Excellent computer skills – ability to use standard WBG technologies Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Microsoft project.
• Good understanding of the WBG, its policies and operations, as well as a basic understanding of current development topics, issues and institutions.
• Business Excellence for Learning Professionals - Demonstrates broad working proficiency in the Learning profession and in linking learning to core bank business policies and procedures. Effectively identifies & responds to learning and performance needs of the World Bank staff and its stakeholders
• Strategic Needs Assessment and Planning - Demonstrates broad working proficiency in Strategic Needs Assessment and Planning for learning. Able to link Learning objectives, performance improvement as well as monitoring & evaluation requirements.
• Design of Learning Activities - Demonstrates basic familiarity and practical experience in the design of learning. Identifies learning goals and locates Bank resources to support design of Learning activity.
• Development of Learning Activities - Demonstrates basic familiarity and practical experience in the development of learning activities. Interacts with facilitators, participants and others in supporting the development of learning materials as required for a given delivery format.
• Implementation of Learning Activities - Demonstrates basic familiarity and practical experience in the processes and procedures for learning implementation. Coordinates with stakeholders to carry out necessary logistical requirements for Learning activity implementation and follow up.
• Instructional Technology - Demonstrates broad working proficiency in instructional technologies. Strategically applies technology-based learning solutions for optimal results. Works with outside vendors and subject matter experts to develop learning technology products.
• Monitoring and Evaluation of Learning - Demonstrates basic familiarity and practical experience in program and resource management for the Learning function such as: setting priorities, proper task planning monitoring, and oversight of Learning Activities.
• Program and Resource Management - Demonstrates broad working or functional proficiency in program and resource management for the Learning function. Procures and works with outside vendors and/or consultants to optimize the design, development and delivery of Staff Learning.
• Fostering a Culture of Learning - Demonstrates working proficiency of key concepts and basic proficiency of best practices and industry standards in organizational learning for enhancement of the Bank's culture of learning
• Client Orientation - Takes personal responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs, working to remove obstacles that may impede execution or overall success.
• Drive for Results - Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results, and has the personal organization to do so.
• Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion - Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team's work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
• Knowledge, Learning and Communication - Actively seeks knowledge needed to complete assignments and shares knowledge with others, communicating and presenting information in a clear and organized manner.
• Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making - Analyzes facts and data to support sound, logical decisions regarding own and others' work.
Collectively known as the World Bank, the International Bank for Reconstruction & Development (IBRD) and its sister organization the...