FAIRFIELD MEDICAL CENTER
Job Title: Respiratory Therapy Assistant
Department: Respiratory Therapy
Responsible to: Manager of Patient Care Services/Respiratory Therapy/Perioperative Services
I. JOB SUMMARY
- Responsible for stocking supplies, and maintaining and cleaning equipment for department.
- Performs diagnostic testing within guidelines of Respiratory Therapy Department.
While performing the above, the employee will enhance positive relations with all customers
including but not limited to: patients, families, hospital and medical staff.
Team Member Relations and Quality of Service
This position will willingly share knowledge with others, promote and support new roles, assist in staffing needs, maintain safe environment, all to facilitate meeting organizational goals. All the duties and standards within this job description will be performed according to the established policies and guidelines outlined in the department and Center policy and procedure manuals. These will be measured through surveys, department goals, peer input, expectation and experience.
II. ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides supportive services under the direction of the professional staff so that patient care needs/requirements are met, are timely, and are appropriate.
2. Implements clinical and technical aspects of support services in accordance with established policies and procedures in a timely and efficient manner.
3. Participates in and fosters an approach to continuously improving quality that includes both intradepartmental and interdepartmental activities and performs other duties as assigned.
4. Enhances positive relations with all customers, including patients, families and Center staff in other departments.
5. Enhances the practice of family centered care and provides individual customer focus and practices service recovery.
6. As a representative of the Center, demonstrates responsibility and accountability for enhancing positive interactions and for diffusing negative interactions.
7. Responsible for performing the following:
§ Holter application
§ Event Monitor application
§ Ambulatory blood pressure monitor applications and downloading
§ Equipment cleaning and stocking to all respiratory supply areas
§ Performs O2 tank rounds
§ Ordering of disposable equipment
§ Changing of Metricide every 14 days
§ Assist Respiratory Therapist when needed
§ Downloading of Holter Monitor's and ECG Machine's
§ Assist Respiratory Therapist in Code Blue's
FAIRFIELD MEDICAL CENTER
III. OTHER POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Participates in and fosters an approach to continuously improving quality through Six Sigma methodology that includes both intradepartmental and interdepartmental activities.
2. Ensures patient rights are respected and protects patient's privacy by adhering to HIPAA guidelines in the management of all patient information.
3. Maintains a neat and safe work area.
4. The successful candidate will have to pass competencies for this position, including Arrhythmia recognition.
5. Understands basic functions of Respiratory Therapy equipment and supplies.
6. Performs other related duties as assigned.
IV. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
High school diploma or equivalent preferred; college course work in the medical field preferred. Participates in FMC University classes or FMC University graduate preferred.
- Annual CPR certification
- Must successfully pass a basic arrhythmia class.
Fairfield Medical Center - 12 months ago
Fairfield Medical Center located in Lancaster, Ohio, was established in 1916 and has continued to grow since then to become the modern, not-...