Wm. Bolthouse Farms was founded in 1915 in Michigan and is headquartered in Bakersfield, CA. Bolthouse Farms is a major producer and provider of the nation’s carrots, producing over 75 tons of carrots per day. In 2003, they introduced a vast selection of natural fruit juices and smoothies. In 2007, they introduced a variety of natural yogurt based salad dressings. Bolthouse has a large innovation team who are gearing up for several new product launches in the next few years adding to the growth of the company. Bolthouse Farms has operations in Washington, Illinois, and Georgia. In addition, Bolthouse has operations in Canada and a processing facility in Belem, Brazil. Bolthouse is owned by Chicago-based private equity firm, Madison Dearborn Partners. Additional company and product information can be found on the company’s website at: www.bolthouse.com .
This position is for a driven self-starter who desires to apply their energy, talent, and education in a team-oriented growth company that is expanding its analytical capabilities. The Financial Analyst acts as an important support arm to the Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis to forecast, evaluate, and report performance against a variety of benchmarks. The position will help guide the decision making process for reporting, planning and optimizing top line performance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leverage multiple information platforms and analytical tools to identify and address a variety of critical issues including those related to spending efficiency, mix analysis, customer contracts, pricing, and promotion strategy.
- Provide support in building the strategic plan, annual plan and intra-year forecasts
- Create standardization of reporting on key metrics
- Communicate effectively with different areas of the company to drive tasks to completion
- Provide monthly reporting and analysis on forecast and budget variance to actual results
- Key functional areas of interface include: Sales, Marketing and Finance.
- Position reports to the Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree, Business, Marketing, Economics, or Math.
- 0 - 5 years experience in consumer products category
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting and analytics
- Proven analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Advanced data analysis and modeling skills are critical
- Advanced skills in Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word and other Microsoft Office products
- Must be a self starter and be able to communicate concisely both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment and make sound decisions
- Ability to holistically balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Previous experience working with a business intelligence tool and enterprise resource planning system strongly preferred
Monster - 3 years ago
Eh, what's up, Doc? What's up is the crop at Bolthouse Farms. The company is one of the country's largest producers of...