BASIC PURPOSE OF JOB:|
Provides direct individualized recreation therapy services and programs per respective field of study to all population ages through the continuum of services/programs offered.
Minimum Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with certification or higher from an accredited college or university in a field of adjunctive therapies including Therapeutic Recreation (Nationally Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist), Occupational Therapy, Art Therapy, Horticulture Therapy, or Music Therapy (certified or eligible)
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a psychiatric setting.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Valid Driver's license
- Current American Heart Association CPR
- Certification Nationally or Higher
- Ability to communicate effectively and document information accurately
- Ability to deal efficiently and effectively with a wide variety of individuals
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology preferred
- Computer proficiency
Founded in 1922 by the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary, St. Francis Hospital is New York State’s only specialty designated cardiac...