The Senior Packaging Engineer will be physically located at CNSE’s Smart System Technology and Commercialization Center in the Rochester, NY area. The duties of this position will include, but not be limited to:
- Give guidance to customers and project leads/managers on packaging integration requirements and/or process steps
- Manage customer projects related to packaging applications, including incoming and outgoing materials, travelers, etc.
- Prepare customer reports when necessary.
- Create new recipes on equipment for micro-electronic packaging.
- Process Development, dicing of wafers, wafer bonding of all types, adhesive selection and development, Optical Microscopy, Mechanical design and Mask design development.
- Setting up and testing all automation.
- Prepare and run DOE’s for new process development on packaging equipment.
- Understand and drive machine configuration changes and other basic maintenance items for packaging control equipment.
- Acts as Program Manager as assigned.
- Maintains a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering or science field including physics, mechanical engineering, materials science, electrical engineering, chemical engineering, biomedical engineering accredited by the US Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization AND 10 years experience in MEMS, optoelectronic, microfluidic or biomedical packaging development experience required.
- Experience with process development, integration and transfer.
- Project Management Skills.
- Candidates must address in their applications their abilities to work with culturally diverse populations.
Master’s degree in a relevant engineering or science field including physics, mechanical engineering, materials science, electrical engineering, chemical engineering, biomedical engineering accredited by the US Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
Notes: Position contingent on the availability of funding
College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering - 19 months ago