Job ID: 20122910-6477
Do you have Enterprise level SAN experience? Are you interested in implementing disaster recovery solutions using Hitachi? Then check out this excellent opportunity to work as a Senior SAN Engineer at Scottrade, Inc. in Saint Louis, MO.
We have a commitment to work with the latest technologies, and associates have several on-the-job training opportunities. As one associate put it, “There is so much technology and knowledge here, the possibilities are endless!” One of the best parts about working in IT at Scottrade is the open communication built into the process itself. Every month, the CIO and his management team hold IT Town Hall meetings to quickly and accurately disseminate information and gather direct feedback.
The main purpose of this
Sr. Storage Engineer is to provide technical expertise in support of all business and IT sponsored projects. This includes the configuration, management, and support of all SAN/NAS/CAS/Backup and Recovery related hardware and software.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Provide technical support for SAN/NAS/CAS/Backup and Recovery hardware and software.
- Provide technical expertise and perform tasks for all infrastructure projects including business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Provide 24x7 support of the SAN/NAS/CAS/Backup and Recovery infrastructure environments.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to other associates to effectively plan, deploy, and maintain the Storage Environment.
- Assist in capacity planning.
- Thoroughly document SAN/NAS/CAS/Backup and Recovery policies and standard operating procedures.
Education and Experience:
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Project, Excel, OneNote and Outlook.
- Basic proficiency with SQL and Oracle Databases.
- Basic level proficiency with Visio technical writing tool.
- Basic level proficiency with TCP/IP.
- Basic proficiency with Windows NT and Linux (RedHat, SUSE, Debian) Servers and Operating Systems.
- Basic proficiency with Brocade/Cisco Fiber Channel Switches.
- Basic proficiency with LAN/WAN Network components and administration.
- Project management and documentation skills with great attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
Scottrade, Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is committed to inclusion and a diverse workforce.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 4-5 years technical experience in current enterprise level SAN/NAS/CAS/Backup and recovery storage design, configuration, capacity management, troubleshooting, and support (HDS VSP, Hitachi AMS, NetApp, EMC Symmetrix, Clarion CX Series Arrays, Centera, and Data Domain hardware).4-5 years experience supporting/implementing backup software/hardware devices (Symantec/Data Domain).
- 4-5 years SAN connectivity devices (Fiber Channel Technology, Cisco, McData and/or Brocade Switches).
- 4-5 years experience implementing disaster recovery and high-availability solutions using HUR (Hitachi Universal Replicator) and/or EMC SRDF.
Languages English – Spoken, English – Written
Location MO - St Louis
Scottrade, Inc., a leading investing services company, partners with more than three million retail clients to provide the trading services...