Freeport-McMoRan is a premier U.S.-based natural resource company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, molybdenum, cobalt, oil and gas. The Company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry and is the world’s largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold, oil and gas producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers for our employees. We encourage you to take some time to explore your career opportunities at Freeport-McMoRan.
Implement the annual HR goals by coordinating and delivering the required activities in order to meet Functional/Business Unit objectives.
- Implement the organization's HR processes, practices & systems to build organizational and people capability (i.e., staffing, performance management, training & development, employee relations)
- Implement workforce planning and forecasting initiatives in alignment with site HR goals and delivering accordingly
- Provide advice on HR, labor regulatory issues; providing coaching to leaders to support effective relationships with their employees
- Implement cost effective and practical HR solutions while ensuring the ability to attract and retain required skills
- Implement projects as directed by site HR leadership, facilitating change management, engagement, coaching and advising of stakeholders
- Utilize corporate support resources to deliver tactical and operational support by ensuring effective delivery
- Implement HR improvements as directed in order to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency in the site
- Perform other duties as requested
Preferred Qualifications (e)
- Bachelor's degree
three (3) years of human resources experience or operations professional-level experience, which includes human resources work,
- Post-secondary education
five (5) years experience in human resources management or other relevant discipline,
three (3) more years of human resources experience or operations professional-level experience which includes human resources work
- Experience working with represented and non-represented workforce
- Effective coaching and influencing skills
- Experience as Company advocate in arbitration or appeals board processes
Freeport-McMoRan is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer
- Work is mostly performed in an office setting. Occasionally work will be performed in a mine, outdoor or manufacturing plant setting
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects up to twenty-five (25) pounds during the course of the workday
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold (FCX) digs its profits from copper and precious metal mines around the world. In 2011 FCX's proven...