Student Program Internship - Research & Development-1301917
Organization : Corporate Staff Groups
Primary Location: USA Region-United States-Minnesota
Job Type: Student Programs
3M is seeking a Research and Development Intern for the Materials Resource Division (MRD). The target start date for this position is May/June 2013.
An intern (typical 10-12 week, full-time schedule assignment) position is a temporary assignment with 3M's Corporate Student Programs. Corporate Student Programs is designed to provide 3M with the opportunity to identify qualified candidates for regular employment, and to provide students with the opportunity to integrate their academic knowledge with work experience. As a Student Programs participant located in the MRD R&D laboratory you will develop skills, and gain work experience in your field of study.
This position is limited to working 899 hours per service credit year. As a Student Programs participant located in the MRD R&D laboratory you will develop skills, and gain work experience in your field of study.
Location: The person hired for this position will be located at 3M’s World Headquarters in Maplewood, MN and subsidized housing will be provided for those who qualify.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited university.
- Current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Engineering, Polymer Science or Materials Science from an accredited university.
- Previous expereince as a 3M intern or Technical Aide, internship with a manufacturing company, or undergraduate research project work.
- Undergraduate coursework in organic and/or polymer chemistry.
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $27 billion in sales, 3M employs about 80,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 65 countries. For more information, visit www.3M.com/careers or follow @3MNews on Twitter.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M.
3M is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
At 3M, we pair imaginative thinking with science-based technology to create globally-renowned products. We lead scores of markets: health...